My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Rims will work fine. Tires that size will not.
Get a set of 225-65-17 to put on those rims and you will have a great looking compass IMO.

Reactions: PdqCompass

·
Registered
165 Posts
Thanks. Looking forward to it. You didn't use a spacer int he back? When I test fitted the one rim I have, it was pretty tight back there against the shock absorber already, and the new rim brought it just a tad closer.

Still trying to find a set of 4 rims. LKQ in Canada was of littl;e help.

Looking at Replica wheels instead.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought my rims. Now I need to get all terrain tires.

Only 2 choices for the size I need ...

Cooper Discoverer and Bridgestone Dueller

Nothing else.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was leaning to the Coopers, so I haven't looked into reviews of the Duellers. I want a tire good for all weather, and for ****ty logging roads and minor stream crossings.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i have had several sets of duelers, probably 300-400k miles between them

rain, snow, sand were all handled well

·
Registered
165 Posts
They are not OEM. Couldn't find any around for a price I was willing to pay. These are new replica wheels by ART. I know OEM is supposed to be the best, but I'm not going to be crashing into boulders, so these will do just fine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They are not OEM. Couldn't find any around for a price I was willing to pay. These are new replica wheels by ART. I know OEM is supposed to be the best, but I'm not going to be crashing into boulders, so these will do just fine.
Same here. I was just curious on the brand and size though. The set I'm looking at is OE Creations which may very be under same unmbrella as ART. The offset on those is 31mm. What about yours and what tire size are you going for?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes, the offset is 31mm, which will work, as I test fitted for clearance front and back (see my previous post). might need a 5mm spacer for the back, but I don't think so.

Tire size I am using is 235 60 17 since this will keep the same diameter as the old tires but still be an inch wider.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, the offset is 31mm, which will work, as I test fitted for clearance front and back (see my previous post). might need a 5mm spacer for the back, but I don't think so.

Tire size I am using is 235 60 17 since this will keep the same diameter as the old tires but still be an inch wider.
Gotcha. I'm trying to decide between 17" or 18". Same tire size in Cooper A/T tires or Yokohama A/T 225/55/18. I thought the 5mm spacer you referred to was only necessary for the cherokee wheel due to higher offset?

21 - 40 of 77 Posts