My Jeep Compass Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
For the rear, the rim is already damn close to the rear shock. The Cherokee rim is slightly closer, so I thought maybe a spacer, but should be fine. The OEM rims and my replica rims are both 7.5 inches wide and 31mm offset.

·
Registered
83 Posts
For the rear, the rim is already damn close to the rear shock. The Cherokee rim is slightly closer, so I thought maybe a spacer, but should be fine. The OEM rims and my replica rims are both 7.5 inches wide and 31mm offset.
Once you get everything put together, please post pics with the specs. I started a thread in the 2nd Gen section hoping to make it an official wheel & tire topic. That way people with questions can go there and see what other people have found successful and what mods they may have had to do (spacers, lift, trimming, etc). Hopefully I can post mine there soon.

This is my wife's car, why am I customizing it? grin: She won't even appreciate it.......

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've been considering these as well. 17x8 with a 40mm offset. Unfortunately, most of the online wheel configurators don't have the new compass body style and colors to preview it.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Here is the stock Compass Trailhawk Wheel size 17" 6.5" wide Offset of 40

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Might be coming into a set of new takeoff 17" black cherokee wheels at a good price. My wife will be just fine with black wheels so i might as well save the money and remember it's not my car. I still plan on switching to a set of AT tires for a more aggressive look but that will happen in time. Tires are 225/60/17 so they should bolt right on and be fine. Right?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bought these rims from Discount Tire Direct on a close out sale. 17" 7"wide with a offset of 40 The stock 215/65/17 tires are mounted on these for now.
My plan is to use these rims for snow tires next winter. And I am going to be mounting 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus on my stock Trailhawk rims this next summer.
I presently have 215/65/17 Firestone Winterforce II mounted on my factory Trailhawk rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Bought these rims from Discount Tire Direct on a close out sale. 17" 7"wide with a offset of 40 The stock 215/65/17 tires are mounted on these for now.
My plan is to use these rims for snow tires next winter. And I am going to be mounting 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus on my stock Trailhawk rims this next summer.
I presently have 215/65/17 Firestone Winterforce II mounted on my factory Trailhawk rims.
Looks good. Put the pic and specs in the "official" wheel & tire thread for others to reference

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well, getting my tires on Friday. Need to take the TPMS sensors out of my current rims and install into the new ones. I got Copper Discoverer AT3 4s tires.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well, getting my tires on Friday. Need to take the TPMS sensors out of my current rims and install into the new ones. I got Copper Discoverer AT3 4s tires.
I just picked these up yesterday. Tires are still practically new but i want to put some A/T tires on it. I'm anxious to see what yours will look like before i pull the trigger.

Attachments

Reactions: WisHawk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Decided on these.....225/60/17

Reviews seem to be very good. Especially wet traction and road noise which will be very important to my wife. $100 rebate from tire rack and free shipping don't hurt either!

Attachments

Reactions: WisHawk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks good. Congrats

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks great jim010. I bet it rides and handles a bit better now.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Does the compass have lug bolts or lug nuts? I went to change the wheels and realized i have wheel locks to which i don't have a key! I have to call the dealership tomorrow but I've been looking online and found Mopar wheels locks that appear to be lug bolts. I don't have the spare tire and i looked all throughout the car for the key. Is this standard or is it something the dealer put on?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Lug Bolts, Wheel locks would have been a dealer add on.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts