My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has a 2007 Compass Limited. She was in a front-end accident and it broke the axle. I saw fluid draining out. My question is How can I check to make sure they refilled it? It took 3 visits to the shop to find that all the motor supports where broke. So that's why I'm concerned. I've always worked on my own vehicle's, but there's a dip stick tube that says dealership use only. So I have not touched it. Any ideas.? Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Its a special CVT fluid you'd have to use. The fluid required data and a special measuring tool. Should take it to a Jeep dealer. You'll never get it right yourself. Insurance pays for the parts anyway.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My wife has a 2007 Compass Limited. She was in a front-end accident and it broke the axle. I saw fluid draining out. My question is How can I check to make sure they refilled it? It took 3 visits to the shop to find that all the motor supports where broke. So that's why I'm concerned. I've always worked on my own vehicle's, but there's a dip stick tube that says dealership use only. So I have not touched it. Any ideas.? Thanks
the dealer was kind enough to lend me the special dipstick tube so i could check and fill myself. (my wife had a control arm snap and then the axle ripped out of the trans and lost all fluid). if they wont do that for you then youl have to bring it in yourself, or maybe buy the dipstick. I hate how they MAKE you come to them!!!

make sure you buy the right stuff, and there is a procedure to go through before you check, you might have to check it while in neutral or something

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never have got around to taking it in. I've been more concerned trying to track down the pop I have. If I'm in reverse, on a hill and give it gas, it will pop once I'm the driver side. I can't find it for nothing. That's the side that was hit. I think it's a support... That they claimed to have replaced. How many does these things have. I miss the days of 2 motor mounts and a tranny support... Lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts