My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 jeep compass and i was cleaning the air intake sensor when i noticed the transmission dipstick tube was broke off and leaning up against the back of the fans. Anyone else have this issue? Is it an easy fix or is it something that a dealer has to fix? What was the cost?

·
Registered
162 Posts
It could be a factory defect. I've heard of it happening in Wranglers and compasses before. Best to see if it's covered by the dealership or get a quote from a trusted mechanic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Jeep Compass had same problem today! It broke off! I bought 7 years extended warranty, does it covered? thanks! Any one know?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2012 Jeep Compass had same problem today! It broke off! I bought 7 years extended warranty, does it covered? thanks! Any one know?
I don't know about the extended warranty.... you may call to find out?
I just had the same issue with my 2012 Compass @ 48.800 miles when I noticed a rattling chain-like noise coming from underneath, finding a broken-off part sticking out from the engine protective shield scraping along the concrete driveway!

Dealership says it's not unheard of and happens quite often, warranty expired @ 36000 miles; labor cost will be around $130 +- plus part (FYI: tube part MOPAR 05273372AF - Tube costs ~$25 +- on Amazon, APSG CAP/COVER - Screw On Transmission filler seal cap is another $10 if you lost it).
No idea how long it actually has been broken off and laying on the shield until it found it's way into one of the ventilation slit.

I called the Chrysler assistance center: no recall, not heard of or logged in their system :surprise: (! - although you find same issue @ Jeep Patriot forum Dipstick Tube Breaking grrrrrr

Not only shouldn't the metal part just break by itself (IMHO it's a flawed design that snaps off at the bracket under normal engine vibration), it can cause fluid contamination etc..... another expense to get it exchanged!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know about the extended warranty.... you may call to find out?
I just had the same issue with my 2012 Compass @ 48.800 miles when I noticed a rattling chain-like noise coming from underneath, finding a broken-off part sticking out from the engine protective shield scraping along the concrete driveway!

Dealership says it's not unheard of and happens quite often, warranty expired @ 36000 miles; labor cost will be around $130 +- plus part (FYI: tube part MOPAR 05273372AF - Tube costs ~$25 +- on Amazon, APSG CAP/COVER - Screw On Transmission filler seal cap is another $10 if you lost it).
No idea how long it actually has been broken off and laying on the shield until it found it's way into one of the ventilation slit.

I called the Chrysler assistance center: no recall, not heard of or logged in their system :surprise: (! - although you find same issue @ Jeep Patriot forum Dipstick Tube Breaking grrrrrr

Not only shouldn't the metal part just break by itself (IMHO it's a flawed design that snaps off at the bracket under normal engine vibration), it can cause fluid contamination etc..... another expense to get it exchanged!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was going through the bank drive thru, and heard a pop, then like a chain rattling, I pulled over but didn’t see anything. Got home and I seen the pipe hanging down on the pavement, That should be a recall!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts