My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just FYI all

2018 Compass Trailhawk. Approximately 500 miles. Have been receipt of vehicle for 2 weeks. Noticed a small puddle of fluid (clear, slippery) mid-vehicle, just about front wheel area.

Turns out to be main shaft seal of transmission. Part not available at dealer service center. On order, to be in tomorrow.

·
Registered
209 Posts
My 2017.5 Trailhawk leaked since the day I bought it. They replace a seal and collar. Lasted for almost 10,000 miles than started leaking again. FCA than replaced the transmission. I now have over 10,000 miles on the transmission and over 20,000 on the vehicle and all has been fine since the transmission was replaced.
Hope your able to get yours resolved quickly and it's a one time fix. Please keep this forum informed on how things turn out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
21Feb update - Part received yesterday (Tues 20Feb). However a special tool is required to install. Borrowed tool from another service center. Ready to pick up (900am, Wed 21Feb).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
22Feb - service record said that it was the differential seal. Approximate cost on work order shows $165, not sure if that includes labor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts