My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising on the 407 tonight transmission overheat light came on. went into limp mode. When i pressed the gas pedal it sounded like a blowdryer about to self destruct. what is next engine going to blow? im at 170,000km and im not very confident it will make more then 200. If the engine blows im getting it towed to the dealer and im going to block the driveway and get a big sign that says LEMON! :rules:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Friction in the CVT most likely since hydralic's is nothing like a regular transmission. I believe the manual will indicate a fluid change is required at 125,000km. That was what I was told. Getting the OEM fluid specified is a must with not exceptions. Other than that there is little you can do.

I have a new CVT in mine now.

PS: You should get the computer read for codes and if any. If not the computer and CVT controller are not seeing a noteworth fault in which case a fluid change by a good dealer would be the best move ASAP. I use a Scangauge II although I haven't tried it on the Compass I've used it on my other vehicles.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don`t know anything about the new CVTS. I know a lot most automatic transmissions are tied into the cooling system some how. I would get the coolant system and tranny flushed and see if that helps and yeah check to see if there are any codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts