My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 compass . Trans over heating when pushed on hot day is this normal. Do I need to see the dealer . It has 126000 miles and never changed the Tran fluid will that help?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Curious on the response.

I have a 2011 with 69k miles and had it over heat this weekend for the first time. Now considering trading it for a grand Cherokee or wrangler unlimited to avoid future problems/money dump.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a 2012 compass . Trans over heating when pushed on hot day is this normal. Do I need to see the dealer . It has 126000 miles and never changed the Tran fluid will that help?
if you have an extended warranty then yes get it in before your extended warranty expires MY jeep at 140 klms has had 2 trannys and may be getting its third i may just dump it horrible pos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all. I have a 2009 Compass North Edition. I had the transmission over heat on me a couple of times. I simply took it to a transmission guy and he fully serviced it. fuild filter change, etc. $200.00 and no issues since. I know the CVT's aren't supposed to be serviceable, but they are. Also with most transmissions today, as they are in smaller packages and are working harder than before, it's time to consider them a maintenance item with a full service every 100,000 kms (60,000 miles). it's a couple of hundred, but can save you $$$$$

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
if you have an extended warranty then yes get it in before your extended warranty expires MY jeep at 140 klms has had 2 trannys and may be getting its third i may just dump it horrible pos
No signature so no idea what you are driving. I am on my 2nd CVT and no idea if there are any shops knowledgeable on servicing them. Putting in the wrong fluid would be a killer big time some shop will consistently put the wrong fluid in normal transmissions. I have seen and had it happen they just don't get it or care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Im curious to answers. I have 2012 jeep compass. 102,000 miles. Just bought 3 months ago. Yesterday in NC temps were 74 and i was running ac and going up a big mountain plus traffic was bumper to bumper. My trans over heating light came on. Pulled over when i could. Let cool off 30 min. Then drove all way home about 1.5 hrs and it did fine and light went out and didn't come back on. I have noticed a whine in trans from day 1. I was told it was normal as its a 4 cyl. But now i Wonder if that is normal? I live in Va so lots hills and curvy roads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 Jeep Compass (CVT) Had to replace transmission at about 60000 miles (on warranty. wouldn't change gears) Had the dealer do it. "New" transmission started overheating when temps are warm or when taking hiway for any distance, Took it to Aamco who recommended an after-market cooler--which I added. It overheated the next day. They recommended another new transmission. I bought one used and installed it and again--it overheated the next day. I babied it thru the summer, had no problems thru the winter, but today it hit 70 degrees and guess what!?!

Anyone have any suggestions about overheating transmission--when it has been changed? I'm thinking it's NOT the transmission itself, but something else... Any thoughts?

thanks, Cyndi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts