My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Jeep Compass with about 75,000 miles on it. Over the past couple months it has stalled on me twice. The first stall occurred while waiting at a red light, which was no problem. The second stall however occurred while slowing down from 65 mph to 45 mph. I was fortunate enough that I was in the right lane and was able to pull off the road and start the car up again.

This past weekend I encountered a different problem. I was on the highway, 75 miles into a 450 mile road trip and I started having problems maintaining speed. I was originally traveling between 65 and 70 mph when my car started to slow down. My car would not go over 50 mph and was not shifting. I drove for it like this for about 2 miles while I tried to find a safe location to pull over. When I pulled to the side I shut off my car and let it rest for a couple minutes. I tried starting the car again but it took a couple cranks to fire it up. It sounded like the engine was hesitating again so I shut it down for a couple more minutes. When I started it again it made a loud grinding noise, but than starting acting normal. I starting driving again and made the rest of the trip home with no other issues.

I have experienced the grinding that people have described in other posts off and on for the past couple of years, but when I took it to the dealership, they said they could not find anything wrong. Has anyone had similar problems before?

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum since I see you're new here! Unfortunately, from what others here have said, you're not the only one experiencing this problem, I just don't have any advice for you, but I'm sure others here can, so good luck and in the meantime, I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome to the forum . . . I hope we hear more from you and what was the outcome of your problems.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I agree i2, any updates on this?

- Cherokee

1 - 4 of 4 Posts