My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am posting from Houston Texas after my first long drive in the compass.

Packing up was a little hard, we could have used a little more space in the back, but we managed to get everything in the Jeep.

Mom said she loved the ride (she sat in front)

Baby slept 90 % of the trip.

We got caught in a really bad rain (The lightning looked really cool from miles away at least) so we drove in rain for about 40 minutes before we hit the city, and then for another hour while getting to where we needed to go.
The Jeep drove awesome btw, and even the wife said how well it seemed to handle compared to our old car.

The Sirius radio rocked, and very helpfull with being able to tune into the Dallas/Houston weather/traffic channel, it kept us posted about traffic getting out of Dallas and comming into Houston.

Stats for the drive
274 miles
4 Hours 22 minutes
With 1/4 tank left on one tank :)

Notes on MPG
When going 60 MPH, it was telling me I was getting 27.4 MPG
When going 78 MPH, it was telling me I was getting 23.9 MPG
So I guess it's true about what they say about gas mileage when going over 60 MPH that it starts to go down the faster you drive.

Side note, this is my first time using a laptop in a motel, I really wish I had my keyboard and mouse with me, this touch mouse thing is a pain in the....

·
Registered
137 Posts
flybynight_x1 said:
Side note, this is my first time using a laptop in a motel, I really wish I had my keyboard and mouse with me, this touch mouse thing is a pain in the....
Hope you have a great time!

Go to Staples and get a usb microsoft wireless notebook opical mouse.

TRUST me, they are worth the money! Especially on road trips with no mouse!

·
Registered
137 Posts
flybynight_x1 said:
If I go on more road trips I will have to do that.

I'm such a laptop noob LOL
May I also 'strongly' suggest Microsoft Streets and Trips with GPS. It got me across Canada with ease and no mistakes. Really amazing actually!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts