My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am about to be a first time Jeep owner. I'm actually buying my gf an 07 Compass, sport 4x2. It has 108k miles and I'm wondering what kind of tune up tasks should be done? I took it into Jeep for a pre purchase inspection, and everything checked out right. Only issue was tail/brake lights, but turns out to have just been the bulbs.
I'll pick it up this weekend and I'm planning on replacing the following:

Oil/filter. What type of oil?
Air filter
Cabin air filter

So again, my question to the forum is what other replacements should I be considering?
Spark plugs?
Spark plug wires?

Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The Compass itself. 2007 was the worst year for them & only slightly better each year later. It will be a money pit. You want to spend at least 4-5hrs reading threads and learn something

·
Registered
433 Posts
It has 108k miles and I'm wondering what kind of tune up tasks should be done?
Go to www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/. You can download an owner manual.

There is a "Maintaining Your Vehicle" chapter and a "Maintance Schedules" chapter. That will give you the manufacturer's recommendations. However, there is probably no way to know if the suggested maintainance (prior to you getting it) has actually been done or not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do not buy a jeep compass

i Strongly recommend: Do not buy a Jeep Compass.

So far i spend 10,244 dolars in preventive/corrective maintenance. Many of them repetitive, such as several front suspension failures. ABS brake system also failed.

Loof after Grand Cherokee or other truck tested.

Compass was the first one in 2007, using small platforms, and i think that is the problem, a truck using the suspension parts of a compact.

Cheers,

p.s: Interior equipment is pool. My radio does not read mp3 or have USB nor bluetooth.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, you can!

I have an '07 Jeep Compass. I had worse luck with VW, Mazda, Camry and BMW.
Look for my postings and you will learn how to properly take care of your vehicle. Message me if you have any particular questions regarding maintenance and troubleshooting. I will gladly help. I don't spend a lot of time on the forum but I look at it once in a while and try to help someone.

Jeepney_driver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts