My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This past Saturday I purchased the new Compass sport. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to turn the radio off. I want the console on, but I don't like the radio constantly blaring. Obviously I can turn the volume down or put it on mute, but I'd like to simply turn it off while keeping the console on.

Thank you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone. This past Saturday I purchased the new Compass sport. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to turn the radio off. I want the console on, but I don't like the radio constantly blaring. Obviously I can turn the volume down or put it on mute, but I'd like to simply turn it off while keeping the console on.

Thank you.
I have a Trailhawk with the Connect 8.4 radio... on that radio you just push the power knob on the left. Not sure what radio you have in Sport. Should be similar push of a knob but I'm sure if it was that easy, you would have done that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Satchel. I had the same question when I purchased my Compass Limited with UConnect 8.4 radio. By default the UConnect display is off when you start the Compass. If you want to use NAV or any other UConnect feature, you have to push the power knob which turns on both the radio and the display. I found that if you press the Media icon, the radio turns off (provided you don't have anything plugged into the USB or AUX port). You can then access all the other UConnect features with the radio off. I wish the UConnect on the Compass worked the same way as our Dodge where the UConnect display turns on and the radio is off when the car is started. Maybe this can be a requested feature in a future UConnect software update. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Someone might want try emailing FCA and see if its something they would consider or could include in a future build. Sometimes car makers will provide indirect hints at what could be coming or not. Worth the try to anyone really looking forward the feature.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just got a 2020 Compass Sport and it has the same radio issue with the display. Looks like FCA have ignored the requests to patch the software. Every other Touch Screen system in every other make, you can turn the radio on and off from within the Menu System. Ah well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Older post but here is another trick we discovered. If you are using phone navigation thru the Uconnect 4 / 7" display system and want to change the volume of the Nav lady, you have to rotate the volume knob while she is speaking. Any other time is the radio volume.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts