My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have an 07 Compass Limited. The warning that the front right signal was out started going off so I replaced the bulb and the warning wont go away. I thought maybe the new bulb was bad but I have tired 4 new bulbs.

The left side works, so I swapped the bulbs and the same problem happens so it something isolated to the right. I swapped the bulb housing from left to right and the problem always remains on the right.

The only thing i can figure is that there is a wire short somewhere on the right....ideas?

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Did you replace with a new halogen bulb of the same wattage as the old bulb. The MK TIPM (Computer) is very sensitive to difference voltages ect, however I've only heard this issue happening when using lower wattage LED bulbs.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Every vehicle I've seen with signal failure indications (the dash light no longer flashes, just stays steady on). Implies only that side, so either the rear or front is the problem. If the elements coming on I'd check the rear for sure.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No to the CAN BUS, if you have the vehicle wired to a trailer as well it would get confused and required a extremely complex controller. 2007 and 2009 like mine should be the same and I have a trailer harness tapped into the lights wiring without negative affect via a controller to the trailer. Typically install for 10 years or more now since 3 light tail light became in use.

You have a Limited and if I am understanding the bulb out warning is alert inside (special feature/option it appears) but the bulb is fine. Every vehicle that used to have that ability had a photo sensor within the light housing to sense the light. I'd suspect the sensor if contamination got in or wire damaged problem in that area. If its just the one bulb especially.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Your TIPM may be defective based on what you have described.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts