My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I recently got rid of my 2016 Latitude 4x4 and moved into a 2019 compass trailhawk with the Uconnect 8.4/nav. Short of the video's on the unconnect website, does anyone know if there's a user manual for the unconnect?

The previous owners home and work addresses are in th enav and I dont seem to be able to find out how to make my address the new home.

Its gotta be an easy thing to do.

Also, does anyone use the nav system or is using the google maps off the iphone in carplay mode better?

cheers

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hi All,

I recently got rid of my 2016 Latitude 4x4 and moved into a 2019 compass trailhawk with the Uconnect 8.4/nav. Short of the video's on the unconnect website, does anyone know if there's a user manual for the unconnect?

The previous owners home and work addresses are in th enav and I dont seem to be able to find out how to make my address the new home.

Also, does anyone use the nav system or is using the google maps off the iphone in carplay mode better?

cheers

Depends how old you are. I feel like the older guys like the nav better then the phone and I like phone better then nav.

Your phone already knows your home, has all your music and charges your phone. Which mine is constantly dead.

Mine has the car play and Android auto buy my wife's tahoe has nave and I never use it over our phones mirroring.

Also just go to settings and clear all personal data and then reset to factory defaults. You should be good then.

Reactions: kiwicalifornia

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume voice recognition training is no longer supported in this version?

·
Super Moderator
146 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I assume voice recognition training is no longer supported in this version?
?

For Android and apple mirroring. I mean I don't know if Suri has gotten any better than when I left iPhone(she was horrible and my google assistant has always been leaps ahead in voice recognition, I use stock Android on goggle pixel devices) . My Android auto has never had a problem figuring out what I am saying. I always use the screen mic button to talk to it not sure if the steering wheel voice button does this for me but I will try it today and get back to you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
?

For Android and apple mirroring. I mean I don't know if Suri has gotten any better than when I left iPhone(she was horrible and my google assistant has always been leaps ahead in voice recognition, I use stock Android on goggle pixel devices) . My Android auto has never had a problem figuring out what I am saying. I always use the screen mic button to talk to it not sure if the steering wheel voice button does this for me but I will try it today and get back to you.

I'm a kiwi, so I have an accent. The Unconnect in the 2016 compass had a voice training option in the menu, just a basic, say a few specific words and numbers etc (my wife's 2019 Rav4 still has a voice training in her system). I would suspect that as there is no mention of it in the Uconnect manual that they have deemed it not necessary anymore.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm a kiwi, so I have an accent. The Unconnect in the 2016 compass had a voice training option in the menu, just a basic, say a few specific words and numbers etc (my wife's 2019 Rav4 still has a voice training in her system). I would suspect that as there is no mention of it in the Uconnect manual that they have deemed it not necessary anymore.
To confirm when I have Android auto on the screen if I hit the steering wheel button to talk it pulls up the normal voice menu. It does not work with the android auto with those buttons you have to touch the screen. Maybe different with apple car play, I don't own a apple phone so I do not know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To confirm when I have Android auto on the screen if I hit the steering wheel button to talk it pulls up the normal voice menu. It does not work with the android auto with those buttons you have to touch the screen. Maybe different with apple car play, I don't own a apple phone so I do not know.
Thats the same with apple car play. When you have car play/android auto in use and you want to make a call then its routed through your phone, that is confirmed in the manual. I probably wasn't clear in the beginning. I was asking the question from the point of view of NOT using car play. I guess, Im just tryng to learn the diff between my old unconnect and the new :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All,

cheers
I connect my phone to the Uconnect via USB port. I have the navigation application WAZE on my phone which pops up on the 8.4 display on the car radio along with my Amazon music app and such. I like to use WAZE as it is free and much more current than the Navigation app on the Compass. I think it is worth checking out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts