My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I picked up my new Compass on Friday and have finally had a chance to go through some of the features. I have 2 questions, when my phonebook syncs the contacts are displayed in last name order....extremely frustrating given that my Phone doesn’t display them like that! Does anyone know how to change this, I think I’ve been through every settings option to no avail!

Also, my Renegade has the ‘auto lock’ function which I loved, why does the 2019 Compass not have this???

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
...Also, my Renegade has the ‘auto lock’ function which I loved, why does the 2019 Compass not have this???
I does, you can turn it on or off in the uConnect radio "Doors and Locks" settings:

Doors And Locks

By selecting Doors and Locks, the following adjustments
can be made:

• Auto Lock Doors: activate/deactivate the automatic
locking of the doors with the vehicle moving

• Auto Unlock Doors: automatic unlocking of the doors
when exiting the vehicle

• Lights with Lock: activate the direction indicators when
locking the doors

• Horn With Remote Lock: activate/deactivate the horn
when pressing the lock button on the key. The options
are “Off”, “First Press”, and “Second Press”

• Horn With Remote Start (If Equipped): activate/
deactivate the horn at the Remote Starting of the engine
with the key

• Door Unlock: allow you to choose whether to unlock all
the doors or only the driver’s side door on the first push
of the unlock button on the key

• Auto Driver Comfort (If Equipped): activate/deactivate
automatic climate control during vehicle starts

• Key in Memory (If Equipped): activate/deactivate
memory linked to a key

·
Super Moderator
83 Posts
The settings listed in my post above apply to the settings in the "Instrument Cluster Display Menu" only, if you have a touch screen radio the options are different and are shown in the Multimedia section of the owners manual. In that section it lists "Auto Door Locks — If Equipped".

Apparently mine is "not equipped" because I don't have that setting. The odd thing is my doors DO automatically lock at 12mph. I swear mine had that setting before a recent software update for the climate control TSB.

Your Jeep didn't come with the full owners manual but you can download it from Jeep here: 2019 Jeep Compass Owners Manual, for reference see pages 465, 466, 480.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts