My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post here. I'm a new owner of a 2019 Compass Latitude 4 x 4. I have successfully connected my iPhone to UConnect and I like the interface, but I have always been partial to Android phones. The dealership specifically asked me if I had an iPhone and touted the Carplay system. At the time I did not think to ask about whether Androids were supported as well. I find references when googling regarding Android Auto, and that an app is either downloaded from the PlayStore or automatically installed on first connection, so I know some UConnects do work for them. However, I'm not finding a definitive answer. So, does UConnect automatically work with either the iPhone and Android, or are they specific to one OR the other? Before I switch back to an Android phone and screw myself, I figured I'd ask!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Yep the Uconnects in these 2nd gens support both, my wife is iPhone and I have android and we switch between them no problems!

·
Registered
58 Posts
When I bought my 2019 Compass the dealer told me that the Uconnect does not support Android Auto. I plugged my phone in and there it was. Works no problem. Apparently the older ones didn't which is why he was mistaken? I have used it several times and it works well.

Mike

·
Registered
32 Posts
my lone concern was that you had to physically plug in the phone to get it to work. i prefer a more seamless and wireless approach, so I made sure that my car had the GPS NAV built in. not sure if this helps, but may give some clarity. perhaps if the vehicle had a wireless charging pad that also allowed the connection, I may have considered that - but again, I'd prefer the NAV to come from the car rather than my phone (in case I lose my phone).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts