My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Compass with the Uconnect equipped radio. All was working well until last week when I went to use my phone in the car. It's as if the radio forgot it was a Bluetooth equipped system. Even the menu options are gone. I'm now seeing options in setup for a DVD player??

I bought this Compass from a dealer who said it was a used Chrysler fleet vehicle that was used for the execs in Detroit. It's one of their certified used vehicles. Is Uconnect subscription based or could I have a firmware issue with the radio? Can I fix this myself?

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a 2014 Compass with the Uconnect equipped radio. All was working well until last week when I went to use my phone in the car. It's as if the radio forgot it was a Bluetooth equipped system. Even the menu options are gone. I'm now seeing options in setup for a DVD player??

I bought this Compass from a dealer who said it was a used Chrysler fleet vehicle that was used for the execs in Detroit. It's one of their certified used vehicles. Is Uconnect subscription based or could I have a firmware issue with the radio? Can I fix this myself?
Before anything u should open ur fuse box and remove and replug the fuse that controls ur uconnect setup I had a similar problem with mine and it rest it and now it works just fine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just scoured the owners manual but see no reference to a uconnect fuse. Found radio, amps, and something called wireless. Pulled all 3 but nothing. Any idea where this fuse might be?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I found this site with a how to and drivers for uConnect radios.

From what I know, only use the drivers for your specific radio model. The engine must be running (a battery charger could also work) when installing the update or you might brick the radio if the radio loses power through the process.

·
Registered
286 Posts
check fuse 6 I do belive that's the one ill open my fuse box and look tomarow its already 2114 here where im from and to dark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts