My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF.................I have a 2017 Jeep Compass Trailhawk (dealer demo) and I'm trying to work with the UConnect on my Nav Radio.

I have the UConnect icon on the radio but there are a number of icons on the page (the SOS for example) that don't function. Assuming that I had to "Register", I downloaded the UConnect app to my phone only to discover it doesn't work!
I just got off the phone with FCA (Fiat Chrysler Canada) only to be told that the function only works on 2018 and newer Jeeps! WTF! This was built in 2017, and has all the UConnect icons on the radio!

Does anyone on here have a 2017, preferably in Canada, with the UConnect that has the SOS function, Sirius XM Guardian, Roadside Assistance Call function, the ability to remote start your vehicle WITH THE APP.

https://www.driveuconnect.ca/en

https://www.driveuconnect.ca/en/sirius-xm-guardian

It's a frikken Canadian website too!

JeepCares .................I have a Case File #

·
Registered
35 Posts
Unless you are fond of the “remote” start, lock, etc.....you’re not missing anything. The SiriusXM Gardian sux.
My wife’s 17 Grand Cherokee has a better Uconnect (different admin) The location finder actually works every time & i like checking the tire psi.
Our 18 Compass TrailHawk w/Guardian doesn’t function most of the time (finder, sender) so we will NOT renew the subscription on it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unless you are fond of the “remote” start, lock, etc.....you’re not missing anything. The SiriusXM Gardian sux.
My wife’s 17 Grand Cherokee has a better Uconnect (different admin) The location finder actually works every time & i like checking the tire psi.
Our 18 Compass TrailHawk w/Guardian doesn’t function most of the time (finder, sender) so we will NOT renew the subscription on it.
I was VERY surprised when FCA told me it wasn't available on the 2017 Compass, yet, I have it on the radio, with icons already installed.

I even Registered on the UConnect site! Just wanted to utilize the service, and add a few more apps.

I tried the "SOS" function key, which, by the way, is on the radio as an icon, but when I pressed it, it said to "subscribe!"

I'm beginning to wonder if the girl at FCA knew what she was talking about!

Maybe "JeepCares" can comment

·
Registered
157 Posts
I know I am dredging up an old thread, but I have a 2018 in Canada, and I don't have the ability to register for Guardian either. And if I did, apps cannot be added as previously stated?

What's the point of this useless and expensive subscription?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts