My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Our 2018 Compass has a weird issue with the navigation system and wondering if others are seeing the same issue.

Every time it gives voice guidance and the street name that is announced starts with NE e.g. NE 122th it does not say “Northeast”, but “Nebraska”. This only happens if the street starts with NE. Works fine if NE is later in the street name.
All shows correct on the screen.

We do live in WA.

Sven

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2018 Compass has a weird issue with the navigation system and wondering if others are seeing the same issue.

Every time it gives voice guidance and the street name that is announced starts with NE e.g. NE 122th it does not say “Northeast”, but “Nebraska”. This only happens if the street starts with NE. Works fine if NE is later in the street name.
All shows correct on the screen.

We do live in WA.

Sven
I have the same problem but the dealer has been unable to fix it. They have replaced the antenna and the radio hardware but to no avail. They claim that Jeep is aware of the problem and that they will let me know when there is a fix. It has been over a year with no response. I keep going back to the dealer and all they tell me is that they haven't heard anything. As a result, I no longer use my Navigation. I won't pay to update the software unless they assure me that the update will fix it. If that would fix it, I will go back to using the Navigation. BTW, I concur that "Nebraska" is only said if they NE appears before the street name.I also live in Washington. In Washington, NE appears after the address if it is an "Avenue" but before the dress if it is a "Street."

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts