My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
curious to see if anyone else has had their UConnect/NAV screen NOT turn on when turning on the car. This has happened only once, but after 2-3 minutes, it eventually came on.

I've gotten into the habit over the years to turn off the radio and air before turning off the car. My understanding is that leaving them off will help extend battery life and allow the car to startup easier (I also typically let the car sit for 30 seconds if it hasn't been used in several hours).

but the other morning, when I started the car, I pressed the power button for the radio, but nothing happened. I pressed harder, and again, nothing. I cursed, and again nothing. I pressed different buttons, and again, nothing. eventually, the radio came on, but the screen was unresponsive. I cursed again, but nothing. I pressed the talk button on the wheel, and the screen went dark. I pressed the power button to the radio, and then it came on and was fully responsive.

clearly, my cursing and mashing of the buttons were unaffective. so I'm not really sure what else to do. /sarcasm

but seriously, just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

thanks!
So this just happened to me today. I turned my headlights off cuz they were on automatic and the second I did everything came back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SO my 2020 Jeep Cherokee screen went totally blank for the past two days and I found a post online saying that if you press and hold down the volume and browse/enter button simultaneously for 10+ seconds, the screen will reset itself and turn back on. I tried it and it worked like a charm! (the two radio control dials/buttons under screen)
Yes thats what works for me too! And the screen going blank has happened a few times with me kn my Jeep compass too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our screen went blank and this worked perfectly! Thank you!

SO my 2020 Jeep Cherokee screen went totally blank for the past two days and I found a post online saying that if you press and hold down the volume and browse/enter button simultaneously for 10+ seconds, the screen will reset itself and turn back on. I tried it and it worked like a charm! (the two radio control

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well first off, turning the AC and Radio off isn't going to extend your battery life. Possibly the radio if it had an excessive parasitic draw, but it should draw the same whether you turn it off or the key does.

As for the unresponsiveness. The uConnect systems do take a couple minutes to boot. It's possible you got it hung up by mashing the buttons repeatedly, lol. I usually crank my car up, and by the time I've put on my seat belt, and adjusted the air, everything else is up and ready for me.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
Hi, I had this problem with my 2021 Jeep Compass as well. Having done a little research, I have compiled a few ways to fix the touch screen problem.

Leaving the link with the hope that it would help some Jeeper.

A fellow Jeeper from India!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
unfortunately, none of these reset options have worked for me. each time my screen is unresponsive, it usually reboots itself after 30-60 seconds. in rare cases (like when I was on 2.5 hour road trip), it was stuck on one channel on Sirius XM - but other media controls worked (like iPod, radio, etc.)

additionally, the screen will show that my phone is paired (connected via bluetooth), but when I press the call button (green phone button), the unit announces that no phone is connected.

i'm wondering if there could be an issue with my connected devices.

I have an iPod nano (4th gen) connected at all times (plugged in via the USB outlet in the back), and I use a Google Pixel3 (connected via bluetooth). I recently discontinued my SiriusXM subscription, but the problem has occurred both before after the subscription cancellation.

curious to see everyone else's setup to hone in on some potential issues.

this is very important to me, as I plan to give this car to my teenage son, and I don't want this to be a major distraction for him.

one other side note, is there a way for the screen to NOT turn on each time a door opens? I'm wondering if that could be causing the issue.

thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
sorry for the late repsonse.
fortunately, the problem has not come up since then - so maybe just a one-off thing. the only thing I can think of is maybe I was in a "dead zone" whereby the signal was not as strong for XM radio. but I doubt that would be the culprit.
This just happened to me and I'm wondering if it is a one time thing. Has the problem recurred in your car over the last year? I just had a new battery installed. Worked fine for a week then this happened.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts