My Jeep Compass Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
curious to see if anyone else has had their UConnect/NAV screen NOT turn on when turning on the car. This has happened only once, but after 2-3 minutes, it eventually came on.

I've gotten into the habit over the years to turn off the radio and air before turning off the car. My understanding is that leaving them off will help extend battery life and allow the car to startup easier (I also typically let the car sit for 30 seconds if it hasn't been used in several hours).

but the other morning, when I started the car, I pressed the power button for the radio, but nothing happened. I pressed harder, and again, nothing. I cursed, and again nothing. I pressed different buttons, and again, nothing. eventually, the radio came on, but the screen was unresponsive. I cursed again, but nothing. I pressed the talk button on the wheel, and the screen went dark. I pressed the power button to the radio, and then it came on and was fully responsive.

clearly, my cursing and mashing of the buttons were unaffective. so I'm not really sure what else to do. /sarcasm

but seriously, just wanted to know if this happened to anyone else.

thanks!
So this just happened to me today. I turned my headlights off cuz they were on automatic and the second I did everything came back on.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts