My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my 5" UConnect in my 2018 Compass Sport and have read a lot of good info from those who have already done it. I don't currently have XM in my model so one of the big questions I have is how that's going to affect the upgrade. Not sure if it's as easy as just replacing my antenna with the antenna that has the GPS/XM functionality (part # 68289182AA) or if there is something additional I'll need to do. Anyone have any success upgrading from a 5" UConnect without satellite to a XM/NAV version?

·
Registered
198 Posts
The satellite antenna is separate from the normal one in the car. Look at other cars they usually have one then another smaller shark fin or square near the front part of the roof the car. This is the satellite antenna. To install this antenna you are going to need to cut a hole in your roof most likely... I would highly suggest if you want to do this:

1. please go to a shop that can do this for you!
2. Just upgrade the screen and use apple car play or android auto. Which they will all have and just stream music through your phone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I thought in the Compasses it was a combined XM/GPS antenna. At least when I watching this video there's only one connector for the satellite antenna. Wasn't sure if the wiring already there and it's a simple replacement of the antenna or if I needed to run another cable to the stereo from the new antenna.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought in the Compasses it was a combined XM/GPS antenna. At least when I watching this video there's only one connector for the satellite antenna. Wasn't sure if the wiring already there and it's a simple replacement of the antenna or if I needed to run another cable to the stereo from the new antenna.

https://youtu.be/cByTKHTPzKc
Not 100% sure, I think it might be another module behind the console. I have a 5" and in the menu, it has an option to do Sirius/XM but it is grayed out on mine. So I assume I do not have it on my latitude.

Let us know how it turns out on your end!

K

1 - 4 of 4 Posts