My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get my text message/alerts to STAY AT THE SAME VOLUME??? It's driving me insane. I get the crap scared out of me by the auto set volume of 15, adjust it down to about 4 where it's tolerable, the next text or notification that comes in is back to 15. It's asinine that's literally my biggest issue I've had with my trailhawk since I bought it last year. I can't find any setting to keep the volume where it's been set PERMANENTLY

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
How can I get my text message/alerts to STAY AT THE SAME VOLUME??? It's driving me insane. I get the crap scared out of me by the auto set volume of 15, adjust it down to about 4 where it's tolerable, the next text or notification that comes in is back to 15. It's asinine that's literally my biggest issue I've had with my trailhawk since I bought it last year. I can't find any setting to keep the volume where it's been set PERMANENTLY

You need to adjust the volume while text message/alert is playing. Otherwise, you just turn down the radio volume. Volume of the radio and alerts etc. are independently controlled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know, that's what I meant when I said I adjust them to a decent level. The very next text/alert comes in at the original 15 volume. It never stays the same, unlike when I adjust the volume for the navigation

·
Registered
4 Posts
I turned my incoming text message notifications off and wiped the contacts from the uconnect memory so the vehicle doesn’t even say “Incoming call from ****, press uconnect phone button to answer.” I was so annoyed with that until I figured out how to get rid of it. Press the voice button and say setup > Bluetooth device pairing > delete device > ALL. then set up your phone again as new and TURN OFF DEVICE CONTACT SYNCING. Uconnect won’t alert you if it doesn’t know who’s calling. And you can turn off the incoming text message notifications in the same way by navigating through settings vocally. So far my Jeep just plays my ringtone over the speakers when I get a call with no uconnect voice interruption. Hope this helps and Good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts