My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Uconnect

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  BooMan 62 
#1 ·
My new 2022 Compass, with less than 2,000 miles, will be in the shop Monday for the third time (totaling 4 days) for the same issue: "Uconnect Box requires service". First time they updated the software, but the error message came back within days, plus 2 other related issues - an error message about the Uconnect battery, and the radio would not shut down when the vehicle was powered down. That service trip they replaced the main vehicle battery (which incidentally was dead on the showroom floor at delivery) and the aux battery during a 3-day visit to the dealer. The error message came back within a week. Anyone else have any comments about a similar issue?

#4 ·
This is certainly not a good start with your new Compass, Mike and Cyn. Our team would be more than happy to learn more details and provide additional support to you via private message.

Steph
Jeep Cares

#5 ·
This is certainly not a good start with your new Compass, Mike and Cyn. Our team would be more than happy to learn more details and provide additional support to you via private message.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Certainly. How do I private message? The dealer has now had the vehicle for 4 days this trip and quit responding 48 hours ago to my calls or texts asking for an update (which according to Yelp and Google is normal for them). I intend to borrow a car and drive over tomorrow to see if I can get answers.

#7 ·
I called the "5337" customer service number and left details.

As an update, the vehicle has been at the dealer now for 2 weeks for this visit. The prior 2 visits totaled another 4 days. If I didn't have to wait so long for a couple of the prior service appointments, the dealer would have had the vehicle longer than we have!

Spoke with the service manager yesterday and there is no solution at this point. The dealer insists they have done all the "fixes" the "Tech Line" has required (downloads and new batteries), but they will not authorize replacement of the components, whether it be the "head unit"/Uconnect box/radio.

Seems I am caught in limbo between Jeep and the dealer. The only plus is they have provided me a loaner vehicle (such as it is) after the first week in the shop.

It's almost like no one knows what to do and they are all hoping the problem disappears!

#8 ·
Hello Mike and Cyn,

I'm sorry to hear a solution has not been found. We will reach out and see if there's anything we may be able to assist with for you.

Steph
Jeep Cares

#11 ·
My vehicle has been in the service department now for 4 weeks. I "visited" today and the entire dash has been dismantled as they attempt to find a solution, but at this point they have no answers, other than there is a "fault" somewhere. Hopefully your dealership has better luck with your vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.