My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've developed a pain in my right (driving) leg that starts where my right cheek (trying to be appropriate here) meets the seat and radiates down my leg, and caused pain against the top of my foot when I push down on the gas pedal. Thinking back, it started about the time that we bought the Compass. At one time, my chiropractor said it probably was an isheal bursa. Well, it's gotten better, but seems to bother me most after I've worked a 12 hr shift, and am tired (during my 12 hr shift I am on my feet the first 4 hrs, then have 4 hrs of quiet/sitting time and then anthor 4 hours of time on my feet). Sometimes it hurt so much on my drive home, that I wondered if I could make it home.

I have just the basic seats, you can adjust the distance from the steering wheel further and closer, and you can adjust the back of the seat. Well, I tried any combinations of positions, to no avail.

I'm 5'8", not short for a woman. I find that my knee does not extend past the seat itself, it hits the seat. So I bought a gel cushion (at Walmart for $20.00) and that seemed to help fairly well, but I still would get some pain. So I also bought a back cushion, and that has helped significantly putting the bend in my knee a little further up.

I love my Compass, and would hate to have to trade it in to get a vehicle with a more comfortable seat.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well I know I can develop various but related issues when driving hours and having a walet and such in the rear pocket. I have to take them out. But I doubt that you problem being a woman. There are various seat cusion I have seen with 12V plug and heat, and other features to make it more comfortable. This is a back and bottom all one piece. I may work better than two separet pieces that you currently appear to have. I am sure Walmart and Canadian Tire carry these from time to time. I have seen them on sale but not recently. Most of those place will take it back if it doesn't work so you could give it a go for a few days and see if your back side it approving the new interface.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have to say, my Compass is a LTD Edition and thus has the heated seats and they are ...... a.....God..... send. I switch them on Winter and Summer. They definitely are a must have in any future cars......especially as I get older (and ahem :rolleyes: heavier)

Raff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wanted to try something cheap, in case it didn't work, but I will look further for something more stable and comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Since you mentioned you have a chiropractor, I would consult with him/her and see if they don't have any recommendations for a seat cushion that would have good lumbar support. That's where I'd start.

- Cherokee

·
Registered
15 Posts
back pain

I had the same issue, but when I took my wallet out my back pain cleared up. Can you upgrade your seat instead of trading the car in?

Good Luck,
RCD

·
Registered
205 Posts
You might try different settings for the seat like height and distance. I used to put a cushion on my seat because I'm not tall 5'4 but I got rid of it after I found the best seat position for me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You might try different settings for the seat like height and distance. I used to put a cushion on my seat because I'm not tall 5'4 but I got rid of it after I found the best seat position for me.
:yeahthat:

I've noticed that raising or lowering the seat height is key. Too high and I too develop a similar annoying leg pain...too low and my back is killing me. Since finding the correct height, I have found my compass to be very comfortable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I may work better than two separet pieces that you currently appear to have. I am sure Walmart and Canadian Tire carry these from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts