My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 compass trailhawk
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the touchscreen goes unresponsive at times.
the buttons on the wheel don’t work
I hold the power button in to reset it
Last time I did it it was ok a few minutes and went unresponsive again
I hit the power button off for a while
Seemed normal after that
Ugh.

·
Registered
2022 Compass Latitude
42 Posts
My friend’s Compass’ screen will not work right for me but does for it’s owner. When I am driving I can touch many times with no response. I tell her to try and it works every time. She may use a lighter touch. Dryer skin. Something is different I don’t know what.

·
Registered
539 Posts
My friend’s Compass’ screen will not work right for me but does for it’s owner. When I am driving I can touch many times with no response. I tell her to try and it works every time. She may use a lighter touch. Dryer skin. Something is different I don’t know what.
Hello Need More Power,

Thank you for grabbing our attention. If you wish to discuss this further with us, please send us a PM with your Vin, we'd be happy to assist.

William
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Compass Limited
7 Posts
Our 2022 Compass's screen was black and unresponsive the last time our daughter (who is hundreds of miles away) started it up. Frustrating, because until now it has worked well and looked great.

·
Registered
2022 Compass Latitude
42 Posts
Our 2022 Compass's screen was black and unresponsive the last time our daughter (who is hundreds of miles away) started it up. Frustrating, because until now it has worked well and looked great.
There is a button centered in the volume dial/ring that turns the screen off. If this is pressed while the car is running and the screen is off when the car is shut off, the screen will be off next time the car is started.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Compass Limited
7 Posts
There is a button centered in the volume dial/ring that turns the screen off. If this is pressed while the car is running and the screen is off when the car is shut off, the screen will be off next time the car is started.
Thanks. I'll pass that along to her.

Or the button at lower right?
Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks. I'll pass that along to her.

Or the button at lower right?
View attachment 16733
Hi Chipshot,

We located your concerns in another thread, however, we wanted to make sure that we reach you here as well. Feel more than welcome to let your daughter know to give us a call at 877-426-5337 if this persists.

Steph
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
2022 Compass Latitude
42 Posts
Guess so. Not my car so I never noticed before. The two buttons behave differently. The right one gives a message to touch screen to turn on as it is turning off and touching does turn it back on. The left one doesn’t give that message and touching does not turn the screen on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts