My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade the following parts for my 2019 Jeep compass trailhawk can anyone refer me to websites to look for these items:
  • Wheels: currently have 17" stock wheels, looking to upgrade to 18" all black wheels
  • Uconnect system: currently don't have navigation but am looking to upgrade to get the unconnect system with navigation.
  • Remote start/ lift gate capability with upgraded key fob:
  • Front number camera installation that works with the unconnect system.
  • Add LED running/fog lights
  • black out tint for all headlights and taillights
  • add trunk bar/lockable storage

If anyone can direct me to finding and or getting these items bought and installed in the Philadelphia area I would be extremely grateful.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I buy all my lights from this company, very reliable and work in none led housings.

This company has a good reputation and you can find out about how good they are from this youtuber

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The Uconnect upgrade to navigation is going to be pretty expensive and its not even that good of nav, I'd just skip it and run Android Auto or Apple Carplay so long as you have the other 8.4 inch screen.

As far as getting a front camera hooked in one of the coolest (but expensive) mods out there is this kit from Coastal Tech: UCONNECT AIR V2

Not only does it support adding a front camera, you can add side cameras as well as plug any HDMI device into your Uconnect such as a game console or DVD player.

You should already have remote start as stock, not sure why you list that as an add.

Power lift gate should be a matter of installing the hardware and enabling it in a vehicle configuration editor such as AlfaOBD but I don't think anyone has tried/tested that particular upgrade yet.

Lockable storage is probably going to be a custom build. You never know what you will find in the aftermarket but that is pretty specific. Should be pretty easy too, basically just have to make a replacement drop-in floor panel that incorporates the storage. The bummer part is that the ceiling is already really low in the back so adding height to the cargo floor makes it harder and harder to fit large items like a cooler and still be able to open it and get stuff out. Big drawer slide might be nice there. I think thats what I would do if I had the time, three or four inch deep replacement cargo floor box. I've made something kinda similar years ago but it did not replace a false floor like this one would need to do. Depending on how secure you need it to be it can either be bolted through to the spare tire area so its not liftable/removable or maybe could just do a cable lock if security wasn't the top concern. Depends on whether you have a spare tire or not and how often you want to get down into that lower area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should already have remote start as stock, not sure why you list that as an add.
I could be wrong, but I thought the remote start was in the convenience group? And I think its stock in the trailhawk elite. Which no longer exists after 2019 i believe.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
They change stuff up all the time but remote start seemed like it was almost always included in every Compass equipped with the 9 speed. Maybe not standard equipment though I'm not sure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
They change stuff up all the time but remote start seemed like it was almost always included in every Compass equipped with the 9 speed. Maybe not standard equipment though I'm not sure.
On my 2018 Latitude, the remote start was part of the "cold weather group" package as long as it had an automatic trans. I think standard on the limited.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts