My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel the system is lacking power to the tweeters, missing that crisp and clear high frequency I thought it would have. Also, I looked at the amp and was a little disappointed to find its not made by Boston Acoustics.. but rather made in China with a Chrysler logo on it. Can this be upgraded easily? Any suggestions or ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
When you say you looked at the amp, were you looking at in the vehicle? Don't suppose you could share where it is located.

·
Registered
8 Posts
When you say you looked at the amp, were you looking at in the vehicle? Don't suppose you could share where it is located.
the amp is located in the trunk, right side behind the seat, you will need to remove the spare tire and remove the liner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I feel the system is lacking power to the tweeters, missing that crisp and clear high frequency I thought it would have. Also, I looked at the amp and was a little disappointed to find its not made by Boston Acoustics.. but rather made in China with a Chrysler logo on it. Can this be upgraded easily? Any suggestions or ideas?
theres nothing wrong with the tweeters, you just need to get a good aftermarket radio. A larger amp will blow your tweeters (speaking from expirience) when the tweeters blow, all you will hear is a annoyning popping sound. and they are not fun to replace at all. trust me.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The mopar approved amp is not larger in terms of watts but I'm too am curious to know how much of a difference the 77kick18ab will make. I'd like to get this now and then after the new year buy the Kicker front speakers and tweeters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts