My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Compass
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 7’’ uconnect radio to put in my compass, it came with a 5’’. The person I purchased the radio off of is also giving me the anti theft code but does the radio have to also be programmed to my vin. If yes, he said he could program it for me, so how would I check to see if he programmed it to my vin or not?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
A couple people here have done that swap but they got their new radios from a professional online source so not sure how smooth sailing it is with just someone else's used radio off ebay or whatever. You can search around for the threads on here where others did that swap.

Worse case your local dealership service department can probably do whatever programming is needed. You can also research AlfaOBD but if there is something that needs to be programmed VIN-wise prior to you installing the radio not sure if AlfaOBD will help or not. I don't personally know what those units have for VIN locking but googling for other similar models from Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep across similar years you might find some helpful info, they use almost the same 3 radios in literally everything across those brands so lots of info will crossover probably.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts