My Jeep Compass Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same issue here there is a bridge which opened in October 2017 not showing on our mapping and a lot of the Roads have changed due to this. We are not local to this area so Sat Nav is useful, if it's past 2017...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Glad it worked!!

Just FYI, I ordered the 2020 maps, and there is some problem getting an activation code. They are telling me it's an issue with the service HERE and FCA uses. :/ I ended up returning the map update as it won't work. Since I at least have maps/NAV back, not in a great hurry so will wait until the activation code issue is resolved. Do have a case open with uConnect at this time. I'll re-purchase the maps once they tell me the activation process works. Will update the thread.
I'm in the same situation. Told me to check back next week. Any luck with any updates

·
Registered
190 Posts
Whelp I just got a email telling me I would need a radio replacement. They are notifying my local dealer so I can bring it in to get it replaced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Whelp I just got a email telling me I would need a radio replacement. They are notifying my local dealer so I can bring it in to get it replaced.
We went into the dealer on Friday as we were getting nowhere. One of the staff went through the update procedure and got as far as we did, that's nowhere. It's now booked in for 2 days on the 21st so they can register the issue with jeep. In the meantime Jeep complaints got back tell us to download the "Fingerprint file" onto another USB stick. My wife has the full instructions so I'' give it a go tomorrow I'm not hopeful in the meantime the FCA toolbox. That's a bit of software the instructions get you to down load has not been connecting for 5 days now...our head unit is showing MY-17 somewhere. Apparently they won't give use a cloverleaf for the courtesy car ...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Please be aware that dealerships will replace radio with older model or manufacturer date especially if you on warranty. Make sure you ask for a brand new radio that was manufactured this year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
My Uconnect case manager just said the same this morning; however, I did upgrade to 39.5 manually without OTA and expect to get my HERE maps in the mail today.

On the Uconnect side, the case manager said my radio is not checking in. This was a problem even before I did the manual updates. I am going to try updating maps and will have to proceed with a radio replacement if it doesn't work.

Please be aware that dealerships will replace radio with older model or manufacturer date especially if you on warranty. Make sure you ask for a brand new radio that was manufactured this year.
Thanks for this advice. I got a replacement once already a couple years ago. The replacement was never enrolled in SiriusXM Guardian and may be causing issues with the Uconnect OTA setup.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LOL I never got as far as attempting the last instructions from jeep complaints. Today my wife had another E-mail which basically says we can not up date our unit through the FCA toolbox coincidentally that is now working after days of not connecting, and we should contact the dealer. Errr yea we did that. I'm going on the assumption we may be told the head unit needs replacing. So that brings up the issue of do we pay, or Jeep? It's a 2018 car we bought a couple of Months ago. just be easier to buy a Garmin or use the one we have which updates speed cameras every day by just plugging it into the PC with a few updates every year that take a matter of minutes to put on the device.

·
Registered
190 Posts
So I went to my local dealer today and spoke to the service mgr. who happens to be a friend. Told him what the email from Uconnect stated and he said this. The dealership has at least 40 people who have been told the same thing and Uconnect has not contacted the dealer about ANY of them. He checked my warranty ($ months left on my base warranty luckily ofr me) and set me an appt to verify complaint and replace radio under warranty.
I asked about trying to update it manually and he says more often than not it doesn't work and just bricks' the radio. Lets see where this goes....

·
Registered
54 Posts
So I went to my local dealer today and spoke to the service mgr. who happens to be a friend. Told him what the email from Uconnect stated and he said this. The dealership has at least 40 people who have been told the same thing and Uconnect has not contacted the dealer about ANY of them. He checked my warranty ($ months left on my base warranty luckily ofr me) and set me an appt to verify complaint and replace radio under warranty.
I asked about trying to update it manually and he says more often than not it doesn't work and just bricks' the radio. Lets see where this goes....
Remember don't forget to ask for a brand new radio manufactured this year

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone succeeded in getting the activation code from HERE website? Keep getting system error can't generate activation code. Spoke with HERE support but keep giving me excuses/run arounds.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is what we had from Jeep: In reference to your request we would like to inform you as follows.
We would like to confirm that the relevant office has investigated the problem regarding the map update.
We can confirm you that the software of the radio is not updated and does not support updating via FCA Toolbox. It is likely that to support the map update via Toolbox the radio needs to be replaced, this should be better checked at an autorized workshop. "autorized" ho hum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just to confirm I was able to successfully get my activation code email to me for my 2020 maps update finally. So now I'm on 2019Q2. To not the lastest being that we are in 2021 but it's better coming from 2016Q2. Appreciate all the help thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Last Thursday we had a phone call from Fiat in Italy asking my wife about her ownership and the warranty. They didn't commit if the head needs to be replaced who will pay. So the Jeep is in the dealers today for a technical case to be raised on the navigation update. Also a service so we know when and where the latest service was done and check the air con .which wasn't great in the hot weather. I also asked them to check out two wires I spotted dangling loose in the engine bay when we first had it I also enquired about two recalls on my Father in laws' Grand Cherokee 2012 CRD.It was on recall for a dealer in Chester one of the recalls involved the fuel pump cutting out! The car was recalled and then cancelled by that dealer which I suspect was because they stopped doing anything Jeep. Strangely there is no note of the vehicle needing a recall on the DVLA web page. My wife has a courtesy car. an Alfa Guilette 2.2 Diesel 2020. Having read the revues I wasn't expecting much but to be fair I was seriously impressed. The major issue was the info screen isn't a touch screen and I gave up trying to set the nav. So we should know tomorrow what the position is on the navigation system or if we are stuck with 2016 mapping

41 - 57 of 57 Posts