My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum! In 2011 i bought a 1991 Cherokee Laredo and absolutely loved it. I didnt do too much to it (just painted the rims black and new tires) and kept it nice and stock. It was an automatic with the 4.0 engine and before i sold it, it had around 400k miles. It had death wobble and some running issues (would start up but just turn off) and i ended up having to sell it.

In spring of 2015 i bought a 1999 Cherokee Sport that was a manual 5 speed and had a small 1.5 inch lift on 235 destinations. It also had death wobble but i was determined to fix it. I bought new shocks, new springs, new stabilizer, new arms and more (around 1 grand just on parts) and with just my luck, the day my parts came in my jeep was totaled by someone that ran a stop. RIP to that jeep!

So after the accident i had about 2 weeks to find a car (our rental only covered 2 weeks) and my wife and i decided on a brand new car! Mostly so we didnt have to worry about death wobble or anything. We looked to the Compass for its price and in my opinion its similarity to an XJ. I've been very happy with it ever since! So far its completely stock but i am about to get tires and rims soon. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Welcome. I've owned an XJ and a new Cherokee Trailhawk. Happy miles. These get a smidge better MPGs, though the torque is less and higher at 4,000. What trim and options did you get?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We bought a 2015 Compass Latitude, 2.4L engine, with the 'basic' uconnect radio, but hey thank god for heated seats and the key fob ignition. Ahhh i remember in my 91 xj laredo I'd get max 15 mpg!

·
Registered
190 Posts
We bought a 2015 Compass Latitude, 2.4L engine, with the 'basic' uconnect radio, but hey thank god for heated seats and the key fob ignition. Ahhh i remember in my 91 xj laredo I'd get max 15 mpg!
Cool.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts