My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my new car on the 27th January and was given a general explanation of the controls etc before driving off. When I got home I found out that there were no paperwork AT ALL in the car. When I rang the dealer I was told that this should have been explained to me at the time and that they were on "Back Order" and would be sent to me ASAP.
I am still waiting for this and as a result I have been stuttering and floundering my way with the controls of the car. This has caused be a great deal of inconvenience and on a couple of occasions a dangerous situation.
So you order a car from the dealer, the car is delivered to the dealer from Jeep UK, the car is prepared for you and a hand over date is arranged. This period was about 3 weeks for me. I have had the car for 9 days now and there is still no sign of the booklets anywhere.
Surely this cannot be right?
Graham

·
Registered
142 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If it was a this years model and new the manual in the Green Jeep canvass pouch should have been there for sure. They've lost it or given it to someone else. Insist you get one out of another vehicle NOT sold on the lot. They can replace theirs with the one on order.

Dumm

Tell the Salesman "DO I HAVE STUPID WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD?"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts