My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this morning that a small round red light was blinking next to my RPM gauge. I have never noticed this before in my 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. I’ve read that it is the Vehicle Security Light but it was flashing while driving. More specifically, at a Stop Light with the Start/Stop system activated. I have never noticed this before. Is it normal? The light turned off when I let off the brake and started driving again.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I noticed this morning that a small round red light was blinking next to my RPM gauge. I have never noticed this before in my 2019 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. I’ve read that it is the Vehicle Security Light but it was flashing while driving. More specifically, at a Stop Light with the Start/Stop system activated. I have never noticed this before. Is it normal? The light turned off when I let off the brake and started driving again.
My 2018 Latitude does that also. It will also flash when the Jeep is locked even though I do not have the vehicle alarm, In other words, "It's normal".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same year/model as yours, whitewalker with 30,000+ miles; never seen that issue

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Mine has sometimes flashed at odd times but most of the time it does not. I had read somewhere that in some cars it means there are error codes stored in one or more of the computer modules, but not a serious enough error to trigger the check engine light. Don't know if there is any truth to that. When mine does it tends to be after a very long road trip, ie pounding the highway at 80+ for 3-4 hours. Don't see it during most day to day driving. Mine has ESS and the factory alarm disabled so mine doesn't flash for those things (anymore). If the car wasn't doing anything strange I don't bother getting out my code reader tools to check, it usually ends up being nothing and clears itself.

If its happening a lot, consistently, there could be codes to look at, but most of the time a standard universal OBDII code reader will not suffice for reading those types of codes. You have to have something that can read the manufacturer-specific codes such as AlfaOBD with an MXLink (or stop by and see if your dealer can scan it quick, maybe they will have more explanation about the blinking light as well).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts