My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with these on the 2nd gen Compass? I have been a Weathertech customer for decades but they were late to the party on the 2nd Gen Compass with "in-channel" vent visors. I put a set on my new 2003 PT Cruiser when we first got it and they still look great! I went with an AliExpress set 3 years ago for the Compass that were not "in-channel" but did have the chrome top edge that blended in with the bright trim around the windows. Recently I noticed the finish of the plastic is getting dull. Don't have any experience with AVS but their 4 piece set is around $68 with free shipping and Weathertech is $100 + $15 shipping. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Currently have weathertech and haven't had any issues. They seem very popular because I had to wait three weeks before I got mines in (Backordered). Love the look of it too. Also have the sunshade from weathertech.
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Car Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
292 Posts
All plastic will degrade over time depending on several factors. Never used in channel because I tint my windows.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All plastic will degrade over time depending on several factors. Never used in channel because I tint my windows.
I realize plastic degrades over time but my 18 year old Wearhertech's on the PT look like new where as my 3 year old made in China ones on the Compass are already turning dull. No garage, so both vehicles are out in the weather all of the time. More so wondering how well AVS holds up over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts