My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Vent Visors?

7K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  BooMan 62 
#1 ·
What are our options for in-channel vent visors? I like to crack my windows when I go into work, and vent visors are the best way to do that and not worry about the rain. I'd prefer the in-channel type, as they don't leave any residue or risk damage to the exterior of the car. Anything?

Reactions: Christato71
#2 ·
I've emailed weathertech and they said they were working on the inchannels but didnt know when they would come out. I signed up for email notification on there site when they do so I can order a set. Other than thatn you have the Mopar stick ons and chinese stick ons on ebay and amazon

#3 · (Edited)
Same here, waiting patiently for them … I’ve had in-channel vent visors in all my vehicles I’ve owned for the past 20+ years and loved them, the only drawback is that it scratches the very top of the glass. three years ago when I purchased my Colorado, I stumbled upon an easy fix. Self-adhesive Teflon tape or PTFE tape (TEMP-R T-36 1.0” WIDE x .005-THK TEFLON ). After trial and error I found that wrapping the tape around the backside lip helps to keep it from peeling off from the window rolling up n down. you are able to see the a little of the tape from sitting inside, but its a small trade-off imo …

Attachments

#5 ·
I'm sure it takes a while to develop a product from scratch and especially with all the new vehicles that come out every year

I'm half tempted to buy the chinese stick on's, they look decent and have chrome molding to match the trim. I've read the only problem is the double sided tape they use doesnt work so I would just replace it before I installed them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-J...h=item28536b34f2:g:XlYAAOSwx~pbXsaP:rk:3:pf:0

#6 ·
I'm sure it takes a while to develop a product from scratch and especially with all the new vehicles that come out every year

I'm half tempted to buy the chinese stick on's, they look decent and have chrome molding to match the trim. I've read the only problem is the double sided tape they use doesnt work so I would just replace it before I installed them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2018-Jeep-All-New-Compass-Window-Visor-Rain-Sun-Deflectors-Guard-Vent-Shade/173198226674?fits=Year:2018|Model:Compass|Make:Jeep&hash=item28536b34f2:g:XlYAAOSwx~pbXsaP:rk:3:pf:0
They look good, but the tape sucks and the little foam guides will cause misalignment on the rear doors. I'm waiting for a nice day to remove, replace the tape with 3M tape, and reinstall. Cheap, so you get what you pay for.

#8 ·
Weathertech still doesn't make them for the 2017 1/2 - 2020 Jeep Compass. There is another company that makes in channel visors though, AVS. I have no experience with the brand but I'm about ready to try them because I'm getting tired of waiting for Weathertech to make them.
AVS® - In-Channel Ventvisor™ Smoke Front and Rear Window Deflectors

#9 ·
I put the AVS brand in channel on my 16 Compass, and was very impressed. They worked out well, holding up to numerous winter time car washes.

One thing to consider though is the auto close on the windows. they sometimes reopen when they reach the top, thinking there is an obstruction, and that can be a bit of a nuisance.

#12 ·
There are 2 different body styles for 2017 Jeep Compass - 1st generation and 2nd generation. 2018 is 2nd generation and would be the same body style as the 2017 2nd generation Compass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.