My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 2.0 4x4 compass and was recently looking for a parts jeep but was having trouble finding a 2.0 4x4. I then decoded my vin for other reasons and it pulls up that it's a 2.4l 4x4. I bought the jeep with 26k miles on it in 2015. Its hard for me to believe it went though a motor with that low of miles and then it was replaced with the 2.0 instead of the 2.4. I suppose someone could of ordered it this way but then why would the vin have a 2.4 engine code? It was sold to us as a sport but I know when I went to buy brake pads I told them sport and the pads didnt fit. I'm currently still looking for the original paper work to see if I can find anything that tells me what motor it had or is supposed to have. Could this just be a mixup when the vin was printed in the factory? I know it doesnt much affect anything as the vin on the car and title match this more than anything has just peaked my interest. I've never seen a non numbers matching car that's new.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I believe that in 2014 the 2.0 only came with front wheel drive. Typically, if a motor needed to be replaced in a 2014 vehicle in 2015 ie one year later, it would be done under warranty by a dealer, who would not have changed it to something different. I tend to think you actually have a 2.4 but you were incorrectly told it was a 2.0.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts