My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was recently cleaning my Jeep Compass 2020. And I found a vin compartment with nothing in it, on the front passenger side. Wtf is this purpose? What is it?
Grey Rectangle Gas Font Tints and shades

Finger Gas Bumper Thumb Metal
Finger Gas Bumper Thumb Metal
Grey Rectangle Gas Font Tints and shades

·
Administrator
2,241 Posts
"VIN number" is redundant.
So is CVT transmission but I see it all the time.
I know someone that once worked in the Department of Redundancy Department in a U.S. Government Agency.
I think he should join the National Federation of Associations, too! About that missing VI Number (that might be the correct way to term it, but it looks silly), I wonder who's wearing it now? I once had an antique car and the engine number had been clearly altered.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"VIN number" is redundant.
Hello! So yea everyone knows what a VIN number is. The question is why is there a compartment for it, but no VIN number in it? Your more than welcome to share some educational information, but if it’s anything other than that.. don’t reply. 👍

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hello! So yea everyone knows what a VIN number is. The question is why is there a compartment for it, but no VIN number in it? Your more than welcome to share some educational information, but if it’s anything other than that.. don’t reply. 👍
You must be new to forums. People will reply how they want. Just because you started a thread doesn't mean you can tell people how to respond. You're welcome to comment, but you should read the full thread before doing so to avoid embarrassing yourself. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am suspecting that when the Compass was built, someone responsible for making the VIN be added inside that box was snoozing and it simply wasn’t done.

My bigger question is WHY have a VIN location in the Compass with this sort of relatively fancy, hinged cover? One of the previous commenters suggested it was by the door sill…. but why?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts