My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Volume Blasting Regardless of Level

Tags
audio volume
20K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Heidi 
#1 ·
Hey! My 2020 Trailhawk suddenly set my volume to full blast and won't let me lower it. I was just turning a corner and BOOM. The volume changed. I can manually turn it down to level 1 but the volume itself won't change. So right now my options are full blast (100% volume, regardless of the level) or no volume at all.

Oh, and the station doesn't matter/affect the volume - Bluetooth/Sirius/FM/AM...etc

The dealer is scratching their head.

Does anyone know what I can do to troubleshoot?

#3 ·
Thanks! Those buttons on the back of the steering wheel weren't even working. The volume was either 100% (regardless of the volume level set) or 0 because we turned it off. We called UConnect and they gave us instructions, and they fixed it! Super weird but I'll post them momentarily

#5 ·
Below are the instructions U Connect gave us, and they worked!
  1. Turn on car with doors open
  2. Close doors
  3. Push the voice command and green phone button at the same time for 30 seconds
  4. Turn off car
  5. Open driver door for 30 seconds
  6. Shut driver door
  7. Turn car back on
Fixed!!
Great info! Thanks. I am starting to make a list of these "reset operations" just in case I have a problem like this.

#11 ·
try it this way:

You can try to reset the uConnect, here's the procedure:

1. Put your vehicle into accessories mode (push start button once without having your foot on the brake)

2. Hold down the Green Phone and Voice Recognition buttons for 30 seconds (push the buttons immediately after pushing the start button, before the Uconnect system has a chance to fully boot).

3. Let go of the two buttons.

4. Turn vehicle off and wait for the Uconnect screen to go black.

5. Open driver’s side door for thirty seconds.

6. Close driver’s side door.

7. Restart vehicle.

8. Let the uConnect system load up and see if the concern is still present.