My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2022 Trail Hawk Jeep Compass edition and i have issues with my Uconnect where the volume goes up and down after driving the vehicle for over an hour its so bad that if someone calls me i cant hear them thru my speakers in the car i have to manually turn off the bluetooth for the call to go thru my phone i have never experienced this type of issue with any New Leased vehicle has anyone else have a fix around this i remember a month ago i got a Uconnect service message saying that Uconnect needs to be services at the dealership since that message came along that is when i started to experience up and down issues the only way it resets itself is if you turn off the vehicle the volume comes back on any advised from people that have taken there vehicles to the dealership with this issue?

· Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2022 Trail Hawk Jeep Compass edition and i have issues with my Uconnect where the volume goes up and down after driving the vehicle for over an hour its so bad that if someone calls me i cant hear them thru my speakers in the car i have to manually turn off the bluetooth for the call to go thru my phone i have never experienced this type of issue with any New Leased vehicle has anyone else have a fix around this i remember a month ago i got a Uconnect service message saying that Uconnect needs to be services at the dealership since that message came along that is when i started to experience up and down issues the only way it resets itself is if you turn off the vehicle the volume comes back on any advised from people that have taken there vehicles to the dealership with this issue?
I myself have gotten this car days ago, and I haven't encountered this issue, but I will definitely look out for it too. Did you ever find a solution to this?

· Registered
2022 Jeep Compass High Altitude
3 Posts
Have you found a fix? My 2022 with 1800 miles on the odometer just started with this issue. After 45 minutes of driving give or take the volume will just start on its own lowering itself until there’s no sound. Volume will be peaked at 38 with no sound. Just started few days ago

· Registered
640 Posts
Have you found a fix? My 2022 with 1800 miles on the odometer just started with this issue. After 45 minutes of driving give or take the volume will just start on its own lowering itself until there’s no sound. Volume will be peaked at 38 with no sound. Just started few days ago
Hi there, Crackhour

We're sorry you're encountering this! Our team is aware is of this concern and is currently under internal review for a resolution. Feel welcome to PM us if you wish to discuss further.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
3 Posts
Several people in this forum tried various methods, hard reset, factory reset. But no permanent fix. And further reading tells me the dealerships haven’t a clue on a fix. It’s clear Uconnect is junk. And I foresee a recall to have these head units replaced.

· Registered
3 Posts
After reading through different posts the dealerships will just factory reset the head unit. No permanent fix. I suppose if we take our cars in every week or every time, someone will get there behind up and get serious about this issue before lawsuits start to fly

· Registered
2 Posts
I drove mine off the lot brand new with barely any miles and within a week began experiencing this volume problem. No sound at maximum volume.

It has happened with and without my phone connected. I did not make an observation of heat initially until these posts jogged my memory. I had my phone connected to the charger port and got a iphone high temp alert on my iphone screen (never happened previously) while troubleshooting the volume issue. I ended up disconnecting my iphone and holding it out the window to cool down.

The two times that I observed this volume defect were on long 4 hour long drives. Pulling over and shutting the car off would bring the volume back to normal but after driving (not too long, it would fade).I also did a hard factory reboot with the volume knob, which would temporarily fix the problem.

· Registered
640 Posts
I drove mine off the lot brand new with barely any miles and within a week began experiencing this volume problem. No sound at maximum volume.

It has happened with and without my phone connected. I did not make an observation of heat initially until these posts jogged my memory. I had my phone connected to the charger port and got a iphone high temp alert on my iphone screen (never happened previously) while troubleshooting the volume issue. I ended up disconnecting my iphone and holding it out the window to cool down.

The two times that I observed this volume defect were on long 4 hour long drives. Pulling over and shutting the car off would bring the volume back to normal but after driving (not too long, it would fade).I also did a hard factory reboot with the volume knob, which would temporarily fix the problem.
Hi Jeep Compass 2022,

To chime in, the internal teams are aware of this concern and they're working to address this through an over-the-air update in the upcoming weeks. An exact date is not available at this time, however, our team is available via private message to check for updates.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
6 Posts
I am experiencing the volume going to zero as are others on this and other threads. I have several times re-booted and factory reset and this has not solved the issue. I have the Alpine Premium Audio, others have not said if they have base or premium audio. I suspect this is not a software but a hardware issue. Possibly the amplifier overheating and going into a protection mode. A software update might possibly fix this but how? Disable the protection mode? Then amplifier eventually stops working all together? This could be a design flaw with the amplifier or a placement issue, i.e. too close to heater core. Whatever the issue Jeep needs to come up with a permanent fix.

· Registered
10 Posts
I am experiencing the volume going to zero as are others on this and other threads. I have several times re-booted and factory reset and this has not solved the issue. I have the Alpine Premium Audio, others have not said if they have base or premium audio. I suspect this is not a software but a hardware issue. Possibly the amplifier overheating and going into a protection mode. A software update might possibly fix this but how? Disable the protection mode? Then amplifier eventually stops working all together? This could be a design flaw with the amplifier or a placement issue, i.e. too close to heater core. Whatever the issue Jeep needs to come up with a permanent fix.
I have the Alpine Premium system in my 2022 Compass High Altitude with the same exact issues. Like you, I also think it may be a hardware issue (bad voltage regulator or something). The amplifier is located in the rear of the vehicle, far away from the heater core, so I don't think it is a placement issue. My head unit does get fairly warm to the touch at times, so that may be something...I don't know.

All I do know is that I am beyond angry right now...3 hours a day in my brand new car without any audio is absolute B.S.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have the Alpine Premium system in my 2022 Compass High Altitude with the same exact issues. Like you, I also think it may be a hardware issue (bad voltage regulator or something). The amplifier is located in the rear of the vehicle, far away from the heater core, so I don't think it is a placement issue. My head unit does get fairly warm to the touch at times, so that may be something...I don't know.

All I do know is that I am beyond angry right now...3 hours a day in my brand new car without any audio is absolute B.S.
StyledComputing, Thanks for sharing location of amplifier. If it's not a location issue it could be amplifier design flaw or manufacturing defect. I contacted the UConnect support and also opened a case with Jeep Wave. The more owners Jeep hears from can only motivate them to expedite a solution to what is a very real problem. Having just completed a long drive over the Thanksgiving Holiday and only having music and hands free phone and navigation ability for about 4 hours of a total of 36 hours drive time is completely unacceptable.

· Registered
10 Posts
I too have been experiencing volume issues. The only way to fix it is either shut the car off or take my phone off the the CarPlay. Please someone fix this.!!!
They (Jeep/UConnect) claim that there will be a software update pushed out by years end to fix this, but hearing that does not instill a lot of confidence...for a few reasons:
  1. This issue has been being reported by Jeep owners for most of 2022 and is still not fixed
  2. There have been numerous software updates during 2022, none of which fixed this issue
  3. I am not convinced that it is a software issue. I hope to hell it is, as it would make the process quick.
Other people on these forums with the same issues are talking about a potential Class Action against Jeep for knowing about this issue and not issuing a fix within a reasonable amount of time, and others are looking into Lemon Law attorneys. I sure hope it doesn't get to that point, because I flat out love my Jeep. I only hope that someone from Jeep (I'm looking at you, @JeepCares) is reading these posts and is actually trying to get the proper people involved to issue a fix or recall.

· Registered
4 Posts
They (Jeep/UConnect) claim that there will be a software update pushed out by years end to fix this, but hearing that does not instill a lot of confidence...for a few reasons:
  1. This issue has been being reported by Jeep owners for most of 2022 and is still not fixed
  2. There have been numerous software updates during 2022, none of which fixed this issue
  3. I am not convinced that it is a software issue. I hope to hell it is, as it would make the process quick.
Other people on these forums with the same issues are talking about a potential Class Action against Jeep for knowing about this issue and not issuing a fix within a reasonable amount of time, and others are looking into Lemon Law attorneys. I sure hope it doesn't get to that point, because I flat out love my Jeep. I only hope that someone from Jeep (I'm looking at you, @JeepCares) is reading these posts and is actually trying to get the proper people involved to issue a fix or recall.

· Registered
640 Posts
I just picked up my jeep compass trailhawk elite 2 days ago, same issue. Did all resets. No dice.
Hi kyleajhagerman,

I'm sorry for this experience with your new Compass! It has been shared that an update is being released to address this concern soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares

I am taking mine to the dealer tomorrow to get it looked at. I bought it as a first-time owner, and the dealer has known about it for six weeks. Within the first few weeks of purchase. I'm afraid I will have to go to a higher level if there is no fix for this. I didn't spend over $40,000 not to have a radio working. We bought the new Jeep to travel, and so far, we are traveling in silence. This is very disheartening because we researched and thought about buying this model for almost a year, and now I am disappointed. Otherwise, I love it. I will not spend the next several years hating such an investment. Please take this serious Jeep!
Hi tlskaggs74,

We appreciate you sharing how this is impacting you and we assure you that a resolution is being released via software update soon. Your concerns are seen and continue to be shared with the internal teams to resolve this as soon as possible.

Steph
Jeep Cares

· Registered
2022 Jeep Compass Trailhawk Elite
3 Posts
Hi kyleajhagerman,

I'm sorry for this experience with your new Compass! It has been shared that an update is being released to address this concern soon.

Steph
Jeep Cares

Hi tlskaggs74,

We appreciate you sharing how this is impacting you and we assure you that a resolution is being released via software update soon. Your concerns are seen and continue to be shared with the internal teams to resolve this as soon as possible.

Steph
Jeep Cares
Hi Steph,

I was in touch with my dealership today and they verified that a software update is being worked on. I suspect Jeep should start looking at a compensation package for your customers. Especially those that have been waiting for months for resolution and those of us who were knowingly sold deficient product with no mention of this know issue.

If not, I suspect you will see class action law suits launched in both Canada and the US.

Are thee any updates on the estimated release date, or is it still q4, 2022?

· Registered
640 Posts
Hi Steph,

I was in touch with my dealership today and they verified that a software update is being worked on. I suspect Jeep should start looking at a compensation package for your customers. Especially those that have been waiting for months for resolution and those of us who were knowingly sold deficient product with no mention of this know issue.

If not, I suspect you will see class action law suits launched in both Canada and the US.

Are thee any updates on the estimated release date, or is it still q4, 2022?
Hello kyleajhagerman,

Given that our team primarily operates within the United States, our team has been advised with the same time frame as your dealership. However, we recommend referring to them or the Jeep Canada team on further updates at 800-465-2001.

Steph
Jeep Cares

1 - 20 of 26 Posts