My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter just got a 2020 Compass LTD and has decided that she doesn’t like the chrome trim on the sides and tailgate. Does anyone know of a source for quality black replacements? Other than that, she loves it. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
You'll find that replacement black trim from the dealer is $$$. Many people use black Plastidip to blacken chrome. But it will eventually start to peel. There are detail/custom shops which can vinyl wrap the trim, which is probably the best mix of cost and longevity.

·
Administrator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
314 Posts
Actually, the chrome/black trim is in different sections. Here's for the front door. (#5) Then there's the back door, and the liftgate.
That's why I said "you can get an idea of how much it cost here", I suspect once they see the price of the parts on the page I linked, they will be dissuaded from looking for the rest of the trim.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Stick-on vinyl sounds like it would be easiest, to me, but no personal experience. Should have just bought a High-Altitude, which has everything the Limited has, plus a bit more, and all black trim everywhere. High Altitude even has a black headliner inside. Too late for her to return it? 😋

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.