I dropped mt 2014 compass off at a dealership Sunday. I left this note. I live about two blocks from where I work; so I am not under any real stresses about getting it back soon. My biggest concern is the issue being covered under the aftermarket warranty. I am just wondering if anyone has any thought as to what is wrong.
The forum striped the bullets off; but I think you get the idea of the formatting. I do know they haven't started on it yet. Any thought as to what may be wrong?Service Department;
I have dropped off a 2014 Jeep Compass, license number XXXXXX.
I have two sets of information: there are three warning lights and two observed issues. All of the indicator lights came on yesterday morning, 9 Sep 2018.
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL)
- This light came on after starting the car and has stayed on since.
- Electronic Throttle Control Indicator light (ETC)
- This light begins flashing approximately a minute after the vehicle is started.
- It is beginning to flash after the vehicle is in drive and moving. I have not checked to see if it is beginning to flash before the vehicle is put in drive.
- Electronic Stability Control Activation/Malfunction Indicator Light (ESC)
- This light turns on approximately a minute after the vehicle is started.
- It is turning on after the vehicle is in drive and moving. I have not checked to see if it turns on before the vehicle is put in drive.
I have provided you a copy of the information sheet for the vehicle's warranty provider. It states that AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF ALL REPAIRS.
- When the ETC is on:
- The idle is high
- The vehicle runs rough
- This summer, with no warning lights on:
- I noticed that the vehicle was running a bit rough when heavily loaded and at highway speeds.
I can be contacted, by phone, . . .