My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass High Altitude
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking at purchasing a warranty for my 2014 compass. Any good companies worth while and decent for power train warranty?

·
Administrator
2,055 Posts
I don't trust warranty companies. IMO, they are bottom feeders. I put the money I would have spent on the warranty into a savings account. Then if something breaks, I've got my own money to fix it with. If nothing breaks, I've got all that money. ;)

If you get the warranty and the aftermarket company is reluctant to pay out -- then what? That is presuming they are still in business when you need them. They'll talk about manufacturer's defects, not normal wear & tear. (Read the small print.) The dialogue goes like this: "Yup, your tranny failed at 150,000 miles. Who's surprised? Did you expect it to last forever? There's no manufacturer's defect involved so we're not giving you a dime. Sorry Charlie." Are you getting a lawyer to fight with them?

I saw a post either on this site or the Patriot site where the warranty company wanted the owner to replace a blown tranny with another tranny with the same number of miles, not a new one or a rebuilt.

PS, the best insurance is to do the maintenance. If you have the CVT, change the fluid & filters at least every 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
462 Posts
I bought the extended warranty. Tried to buy the lifetime but Stellantis did away with it. I have it on my ram and challenger. More than paid for itself on my ram. Not sure about any of the others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts