My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2014 Compass last week with 6,500 miles on it. Does anyone know if the factory warranty extends to the second owner? The passenger headrest deployed for no reason (it's supposed to pop forward if you get rear-ended) and I can't get it to click back into place. I took it to the Jeep dealership and they said a part was broken. The parts guy told me it's a $400 part. This would normally be a warranty repair, but because I'm the second owner, I don't know if Chrysler warranties are only good for the original owner. Anyone know the answer? Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
The warranty passes to all owners as long as its still within its mileage and time frame in which yours is. When they run your vin it will tell them it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the clarification! The service dept at this particular Jeep dealership didn't leave me with a good feeling when I made the appointment to get it fixed tomorrow, so I wanted to be sure I was covered. So glad I found this forum and thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If in doubt, you tell them its under warranty when they're writing the work order. It would be up to them to tell you in advance if not and why before they go ahead. Having said that I have NEVER had any warranty claim issue with Chrysler vehicles in over the decades I have owned plenty. Dealer ethics can be another story so check around if there are choices who does the work.

If you have a concern warranty or not call Customer Relations who used to be willing to listen and create a case # to address it with a dealer of your choosing. I am not aware that this has changed and a excellent fall back if you require it.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I bought my 2014 Compass last week with 6,500 miles on it. Does anyone know if the factory warranty extends to the second owner? The passenger headrest deployed for no reason (it's supposed to pop forward if you get rear-ended) and I can't get it to click back into place. I took it to the Jeep dealership and they said a part was broken. The parts guy told me it's a $400 part. This would normally be a warranty repair, but because I'm the second owner, I don't know if Chrysler warranties are only good for the original owner. Anyone know the answer? Thanks!
Hey GaryGG,

The manufacturer warranty of 3yr/36,000mi, goes with the vehicle. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts