My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have some reports in our German forum, that water runs out of the body, if the plugs are pulled out. Please see attached photo. Anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to ask the others, but mine does not have a sunroof. I saw the water coming out one time this spring when I jacked the car left rear to change tires. I noticed it, but didn’t took care of it. A few days ago, another member reported this issue to our German forum an the thread started. It the moment, we have three affected Compass. I will keep you updated if there are any news.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I haven't noticed anything that serious yet, on mine I have found that the bottom of the door seal on the passenger doors holds water for some reason. Days after a rain I can open up the rear passenger door and water will run out onto the pavement. Water within the body itself would be a much more serious issue. I would like to check mine if you could describe in more detail or show pics that show these plugs, the first picture I am not certain if we are looking at the back or the front of the car (zoomed in too close)

·
Registered
398 Posts
I haven't noticed anything that serious yet, on mine I have found that the bottom of the door seal on the passenger doors holds water for some reason. Days after a rain I can open up the rear passenger door and water will run out onto the pavement. Water within the body itself would be a much more serious issue. I would like to check mine if you could describe in more detail or show pics that show these plugs, the first picture I am not certain if we are looking at the back or the front of the car (zoomed in too close)

I might be mistaken but that seems to be the middle of the car, looking sideways. There is a plate around the middle of the car that I assume protects the exhaust pipe and drive shaft to rear wheels, I think the picture is showing that. But hard to say if the shown plug is in front or in the back, a more descriptive picture would’ve better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
When the running boards were installed, water ran out one of those plugs when it was removed to accommodate the mounting bracket hardware. Just one side. I have not driven through high water anywhere since we got it in Jan of this year.
BTW those plugs are suppose to be one way check valves if you look closely at them...nothing in but water should flow out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Most of those plugs are one way check valves that should let water flow out but not in. I noticed when my running boards were installed that they used some of those plugged hole for mounting hardware and some water did come out when they were removed.
At the time my Jeep was 7 months old and never driven off-road, only streets and highways in the rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts