My Jeep Compass Forum banner

Water Leak Above Gas Pedal

21K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  JeepCares 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I currently own a 2007 Jeep Compass(2.4 liter) with about 55k.** I bought my Jeep a little over a year ago and unfortunately there has been a few problems with it ever since I purchased it.* One of the problems that needs immediate attention has the following symptoms...* Behind the dash on the passangers side there seems to be water that keeps on swooshing every time I make a left or right turn, a minor water leak that comes from underneath the dash on the passangers side, and extremely hot water that leaks above the gas pedal.* I've tried to look around the Web to find out what this could possibly be but I've had no luck...*

Has anyone out there experienced this issue on their Compass?* If so, any suggestions as to what can be done to get this fixed? Any parts that would need to get replaced?* I do have a few family members with auto repair experience and they too are unable to understand what is causing this.* Any and all input that could get me toward the right direction in getting this fixed would be highly appreciated.* If any questions arise to help you better understand the problem with my Compass please ask!* Thank you for reading.

-Ruben

#3 ·
I have a 2014 compass . while driving today there were occasional hot drips on my foot while driving also on the passenger side. Once I turned off the ac the drips slowed down but they did not stop. I purchased the car new in july 2014. It seems to me to be too soon for drains to be plugged. Its as if the condensation from the ac is being heated then it drips into the foot well area. any ideas?

#4 ·
Hello coop,

Unfortunately, I could not find a TSB that relates to your Compass. Have you had your vehicle diagnosed at an FCA certified dealership? If you would like me to look further into this for you, please private message me your VIN and contact info.

#6 ·
Hi there! I have a 2016 Jeep Compass and mine has the exact same symptoms. I’ve taken to dealer twice and the past time they finally removed the dash and said they found a little rubber cap stuck in the drain system so now I’m on the line for over $1500 in charges. What gets me though is, I’ve done tons of searches and many people have been having this exact same issue with their Compass or other Jeeps as well. Seems like the problem lies within the design of the car not owners.

#7 ·
Water leak

Make sure your AC drain is open. The symptom you are describing fits the fact it may be a clogged drain ( I am a ASE certified Tech with over 40 years in the business) and have seen this before. I also use compressed air and soapy water to find water leaks. I find the smallest leaks that way. Having worked at 6 Chevrolet dealers. I got pretty good at fixing water leaks. Works every time! You can always contact me if you wish to talk. Marty smile:

#9 ·
Water leak

Make sure your AC drain is open. The symptom you are describing fits the fact it may be a clogged drain ( I am a ASE certified Tech with over 40 years in the business) and have seen this before. I also use compressed air and soapy water to find water leaks. I find the smallest leaks that way. Having worked at 6 Chevrolet dealers. I got pretty good at fixing water leaks. Works every time! You can always contact me if you wish to talk. Marty smile:
I am experiencing the exact same thing with the water pouring on my foot sometimes hot sometimes cold...and leaking on passenger side as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.