My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2018 Jeep Compass. I do NOT have a sunroof, so that is not the cause. The water comes even when I don’t use my AC Or even when it doesn’t rain. I don’t see any wet or damp spots along the door to show evidence that it is coming from them that. The water sits primarily under the passenger foot area. The top mat does not get very wet, but the bottom may and then when I pop off the clip to see the frame under the carpet, I can see an inch of water.

what else am I missing here?
Honestly at this point I don’t know where the water is coming in from. I thought it was the sunroof but now I’m thinking it could be a bad seam. I sent a certified letter to corporate to try and have this fixed once and for all. This is ridiculous. Clearly it’s a manufacture issue since it looks to be common. I bought my 2019 compass, cash from the dealer so it makes it that much worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Jeep Compass (no sunroof) I found out on Friday that I had a huge puddle on my passenger side floor. I called it in to get checked and I have to wait for 3 weeks. I vacuumed it out Friday afternoon, did not drive it all weekend, and by Monday afternoon I had a huge puddle. I did drive it Monday to work and home for lunch but that's all. Has anyone solved their problem on why this happened??
Hello Everyone,

Late for my update but.. I brought it into the dealership and they kept it for 3-4 days. They did not find where the leak was coming in. They tried water testing it, even with soap and air, nothing visible to them. They said they sealed a bunch of different places to see if that would work. Couple days later there was water on the passenger floor again. I have another appointment coming up on Jan 19, they will be keeping it again for a couple more days to try and find out the problem. With them sealing a bunch of different spots I did find a difference with the amount of water that came in. There was less water, but still.. we don't want that.

I will give another update in the future.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts