My Jeep Compass Forum banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Both sides in the back....not sure what the German law says..

Will try to find out tomorrow...
It's not about the law. It's the Jeep Warranty. You have to take you car to an official jeep dealer to get full warranty coverage for this problem. The warranty starts when you buy the car, not when it's produced. You can also call the international call center of jeep and they redirect you to the nearest jeep dealer.

Keep us posted! Good luck!
And don't worry, I was disappointed as you when the problem came out after only 1 month. Unfortunately it took about 2/2,5 weeks to fix it.
Now that is fixed, I'm enjoying my car very much. It's been 3 months and It's a pleasure to drive.

· Registered
646 Posts
Hi Kate,
Still same water issue. Can you help me out?
Sure thing. Can you send me a private message with more details so I can best assist? Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey, so I have had my compass for 3 months now, and its been in the shop 5 times now for a leak that occurred on the driver side floorboard and in the back seat, my guess is it was wet and leaking since it was put on the lot in June. I never thought to check the floorboards for leaks on a brand new vehicle but I should have. So it has went in and got "fixed" once. and then gone back several times because the dealership was too stupid to replace the wet padding they just half ass dried it off. so last night I get in the car and inside the windshield is fogged up like 2 people been making out in my car for 6 hours non stop. So I get curious and check the floorboard and its soaked so much that if I push quickly on it i can make water splash up. The majority of the leak is right infront of the seat rails on the left side im guessing that is where the water is pooling up. I checked the rest of the vehicle and i noticed under my rubber floor mats on the passenger side rear floor there is condensation underneath them as well and the floor has a cold damp feeling but very minor. the passenger front seems totally fine the floor is dry and no condensation under the mats. To make matters worse this dealership basically destroyed all the structure of my floor when they pulled up the rear floor and I can now put my fingers under the trim in the rear seat . Has anyone else had this issue with their compass leaking? this is the second time and if it leaks again I am going to try pursuing the Delaware Lemon law . Does anyone have any suggestions or comments or experience with this issue? Thanks
Had your issue been resolved? I have the same issue with my 2020 Jeep Compass. Ive taken it in to the dealership 3 times and yet again it wet on the driver and driver side passenger. I'm also looking into the MD Lemon Law.

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello! i've just joined the community.
I'm following this thread because I have exactly the same issue... I don't have a sunroof.. New car, bought about one month ago (2020 Model). I'm from Italy and I noticed a significantly amount of people here have the same problem..
I have and appointment with my dealer next week, so I'll let you know.

Some says there is a lot of cars produced in Mexico that have a bad welding under the floor of the front passenger seat, so the water leaks inside from under the car..
Others have experienced a bad fastened drainage tube of the A/C.

I vacuumed about 4 or 5 liters of water out of my car, mostly from under the passenger foot area..

I'll keep you posted
Hi, did you find out if it was the bad weld? I’m having the same issues.

· Registered
2022 Jeep Compass Limited
8 Posts
Hello! i've just joined the community.
I'm following this thread because I have exactly the same issue... I don't have a sunroof.. New car, bought about one month ago (2020 Model). I'm from Italy and I noticed a significantly amount of people here have the same problem..
I have and appointment with my dealer next week, so I'll let you know.

Some says there is a lot of cars produced in Mexico that have a bad welding under the floor of the front passenger seat, so the water leaks inside from under the car..
Others have experienced a bad fastened drainage tube of the A/C.

I vacuumed about 4 or 5 liters of water out of my car, mostly from under the passenger foot area..

I'll keep you posted
Seems like a good reason for a recall.

· Registered
5 Posts
Hello everybody.
I've just picked up my car from the dealer.
They said a sealing was missing in the wheel well, arch and fender zone. They disassembled all the components and applied a big layer of black silicone caulk.
Here is a detail of the silicon caulk under the hood that was not present before.
View attachment 14797

This is a detail from another customer that had the same exact problem as me. You can see the white silicone caulk here.
View attachment 14798

Also my car had the tube of the a/c drainage unplugged or misplaced. They replaced it with a new one.

Hopefully now the car is fine. I'll keep you informed!

I checked my car, but i cannot find this point. I'll double check today with proper lighting and more patience. Maybe I have some plastic cover there.

Hi Simon, that is exactly the same problem that I have. In my Compass 2018 the water comes in from where I see the black silicone in your photo (I have the problem on the left side but it is the same). If, with the watering, I pour water in that point where is the black silicon in your picture, once the insulation inside the fender has become soaked, the water enters and accumulates in the pedal area. I'm pushing Jeep customer service in Italy because this is for sure a production fail. I think you are italian: could you tell me who did the repair on your car? I would like to show him my car to get an opinion. Thank you (my email is: [email protected])

· Registered
5 Posts
Hi Simon, that is exactly the same problem that I have. In my Compass 2018 the water comes in from where I see the black silicone in your photo (I have the problem on the left side but it is the same). If, with the watering, I pour water in that point where is the black silicon in your picture, once the insulation inside the fender has become soaked, the water enters and accumulates in the pedal area. I'm pushing Jeep customer service in Italy because this is for sure a production fail. I think you are italian: could you tell me who did the repair on your car? I would like to show him my car to get an opinion. Thank you (my email is: [email protected])

Attachments

· Registered
4 Posts
Honestly at this point I don’t know where the water is coming in from. I thought it was the sunroof but now I’m thinking it could be a bad seam. I sent a certified letter to corporate to try and have this fixed once and for all. This is ridiculous. Clearly it’s a manufacture issue since it looks to be common. I bought my 2019 compass, cash from the dealer so it makes it that much worse.
It is the seam in the metal under the carpet. I pulled up the carpet and then waited for a rainy day. My husband drove and I watched and sure enough the water came up through the seam on the top and side of that square piece of metal floor board.

· Registered
5 Posts
I didn't read the whole thread, but from a quick scan I don't see that anyone's mentioned Technical Service Bulletin 08-071-20, which points to a water intrusion issue.
Hi Mike! Your bullettin is very interesting. Do you know if a similar bullettin is available for the driver side (left in my case)? where can i find all Compass bulletins? Thank you! /Marco

· Registered
22 Posts
Hi Annie, the dealer told me about the bad weld. In my area, a lot of other people experienced the same problem and the dealer told me that they called a Jeep inspector that asserted that. They thought it was a defective robot on the production line.

Also the water in my car was coming also from a misplaced AC drainage hose.

Seems like a good reason for a recall.
I told my dealer about this, and they said that there are too few cases for an official recall. But I think there are some updates.. (see below mikes post)

Hi! I live in Italy, write me a PM. Se sei italiano, porta la tua macchina dal rivenditore da cui l'hai comprata o in una officina autorizzata Jeep. Mi hanno fatto l'intervento in garanzia senza problemi. L'unica pecca è che hanno dovuto smontarla mezza.

I didn't read the whole thread, but from a quick scan I don't see that anyone's mentioned Technical Service Bulletin 08-071-20, which points to a water intrusion issue.
... this is interesting. Now they have recognized this as an official recall, this sounds good..

Hi Mike! Your bullettin is very interesting. Do you know if a similar bullettin is available for the driver side (left in my case)? where can i find all Compass bulletins? Thank you! /Marco
I think you can show the dealer this bullettin for the driver side as well.

Marco keep us posted about this!

Best regards

· Registered
1 Posts
I too have a 2019 Compass Limited with water coming in somewhere in the passenger foot area, and soaking the floor, padding and carpeting on the floor.
Found and now Following this thread.
What can you do for me?

· Registered
5 Posts
MY UPDATE
2nd time in and have my jeep back now. There were more pin holes where they sealed up last time.

They said the problem was under the hood behind the plastic part close to the front window on the body seam. That is where the water was coming in. So pretty much the body seam was the problem, it wasn't done properly. Now I need to hope that rain comes so I can see if the problem is finally over.

Good Luck Everyone
ANOTHER UPDATE... SADLY...
Put in my Jeep once again due to the same leak I've had on passenger side. They've had it for 4 days and I pick up today and guess what... THEY CAN"T FIND THE LEAK..... They've tried everything and they can't get it to leak. I have no clue that to do.. I feel at a loss... It's less water than before and what is weird is... I barely have any passengers and there would be water on top and under the mat... how the hell does that water get on the mat? I want to give up on the Jeep but it's not even paid off yet.... UGH... lol I hope everyone else is having more help than I am....

41 - 60 of 76 Posts