My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Friday the 13th! Today is the first time I transferred a call from my Uconnect to my phone. I arrived at home. Turned the Jeep off. I have it set so if I open the door, the audio system is powered off. I transferred the call and opened the door. Everything turned off. I continued the conversation as I opened my house door. Dogs came out and I walked about 60 feet away. A few minutes later I started walking back towards the house / Jeep. My phone seemed to go dead. I thought the call dropped, so I hung up and dialed again. I could hear the other voice in the Jeep! I opened the door and the radio was back on. I hung up from the call and the radio continued to play. After turning off my Bluetooth, things resumed to normal.

I have the 7" Uconnect system in my Compass.

My '15 Cherokee Trailhawk had the 8.4 w/NAV and in 66,000 miles of ownership, I never once had that issue. I don't recall my '12 Ram Cummins having it either. Has anyone else had this? My girlfriend, who I was talking with on the phone, said her '15 Cherokee Sport with the base 5" radio does this all the time. She has to hang up and call back after being out of the Jeep, or her stuff will stay on.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
213 Posts
My wife's Grand Caravan similarly gets confused. Recently I backed it into the driveway while she was in the house talking on her cell phone. The unconnect picked it up as if she was in the car.
I think that if you want to continue a call as you leave the vehicle you should transfer to phone and also turn off Bluetooth.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We are experiencing some strange issues with the entertainment system also. Sometimes we can't turn it off, sometimes it has a loud buzzing noise through the speakers.

I can't post links yet... grrrr....

YouTube: vea0ghcRVb0 "Loud Strange Noise From 2017 Jeep Compass Stereo"

YouTube: t7FZjw_3bfM "2017 Jeep Compass Stereo Will Not Turn Off"

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Happy Friday the 13th! Today is the first time I transferred a call from my Uconnect to my phone. I arrived at home. Turned the Jeep off. I have it set so if I open the door, the audio system is powered off. I transferred the call and opened the door. Everything turned off. I continued the conversation as I opened my house door. Dogs came out and I walked about 60 feet away. A few minutes later I started walking back towards the house / Jeep. My phone seemed to go dead. I thought the call dropped, so I hung up and dialed again. I could hear the other voice in the Jeep! I opened the door and the radio was back on. I hung up from the call and the radio continued to play. After turning off my Bluetooth, things resumed to normal.

I have the 7" Uconnect system in my Compass.

My '15 Cherokee Trailhawk had the 8.4 w/NAV and in 66,000 miles of ownership, I never once had that issue. I don't recall my '12 Ram Cummins having it either. Has anyone else had this? My girlfriend, who I was talking with on the phone, said her '15 Cherokee Sport with the base 5" radio does this all the time. She has to hang up and call back after being out of the Jeep, or her stuff will stay on.

Thoughts?
Dude! That's bizarre! That sounds like it would be hard to replicate.... grin::confused:
Haven't had any Bluetooth issues.....yet! Keep in mind, I'm only Uconnect 5.0.....0

·
Registered
87 Posts
ĹOL! Maybe a Friday the 13th glitch???

·
Registered
87 Posts
My wife's Grand Caravan similarly gets confused. Recently I backed it into the driveway while she was in the house talking on her cell phone. The unconnect picked it up as if she was in the car.
I think that if you want to continue a call as you leave the vehicle you should transfer to phone and also turn off Bluetooth.
Actually, I think that's normal behavior. Had the same thing with several vehicles.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are experiencing some strange issues with the entertainment system also. Sometimes we can't turn it off, sometimes it has a loud buzzing noise through the speakers.

I'm having no luck finding those videos.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Mine has done the same thing 2-3 times. Then it reboots itself after about a minute and acts normal. Hasn't been enough of a pain for me to take it to the dealership yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine has done the same thing 2-3 times. Then it reboots itself after about a minute and acts normal. Hasn't been enough of a pain for me to take it to the dealership yet.
Yeah, we have this happen about once a month still and it just isn't worth the trip to the dealer. Our closest dealer, Lithia Jeep in Portland, has given us huge warranty-related hassles and botched-repairs already with our 2017 Wrangler, for a very obvious seatbelt defect, so I am not even trying to have them diagnose this issue.

I'm having no luck finding those videos.
UGH. This stupid forum still won't let me post YouTube links to the issue. MODS??? CAN YOU FIX THIS?!?!

If you want to view the earlier two vids AND last night's new vid just load ANY YouTube video and replace the eleven-character ID with one of these... ... I had the first two videos set as unlisted on YouTube and I have updated them to be publicly-searchable now.

t7FZjw_3bfM

vea0ghcRVb0

vrMPfFzY3H4

·
977 Posts
UGH. This stupid forum still won't let me post YouTube links to the issue. MODS??? CAN YOU FIX THIS?!?
I'm not a moderator here but I am a moderator on another site and that site doesn't let new members post photos or links until they have several (5 or 6, maybe 10?) posts. That might be the problem.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm not a moderator here but I am a moderator on another site and that site doesn't let new members post photos or links until they have several (5 or 6, maybe 10?) posts. That might be the problem.
I have seen many posts about this and I have alway been able to post links even at low post count. Maybe they need to just use correct URL coding in the tool bar?

·
977 Posts
I have seen many posts about this and I have alway been able to post links even at low post count. Maybe they need to just use correct URL coding in the tool bar?
I can only speak for the site where I'm a moderator. However, if I'm right about this site, maybe you could just make a couple more posts or reply to a few other threads, then try again to post your link.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts