My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help here. 2018 compass high altitude with less the 30k miles. Not really sure how to explain it but. Around the car there’s this weird thick goo stuff (not sure what to call it cause it’s thicker than oil) that keeps appearing around electronic switches. Mostly overhead sunroof and lights but also around the door controls and vents. First I though it was electrical lube or something above the head liner but it keeps re appearing and not just around the sunroof controls and switches. Then I thought there was a leak around the sunroof but that wouldn’t explain the other locations . Super weird, not sure what it is. Trying to figure out where and why it’s there to clean it out. Any help or suggestions would be awesome

·
Registered
226 Posts
Very strange that it is in different locations around in the vehicle. Seems like something that Jeep or a PO put on the switches to protect them. Does your Compass sit in the sun a lot? Do you clean the interior frequently with a liquid cleaner in these locations? Do you leave the windows down and the bees have moved in? (just kidding on that last one). Interesting...please let us know what you find. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very strange that it is in different locations around in the vehicle. Seems like something that Jeep or a PO put on the switches to protect them. Does your Compass sit in the sun a lot? Do you clean the interior frequently with a liquid cleaner in these locations? Do you leave the windows down and the bees have moved in? (just kidding on that last one). Interesting...please let us know what you find. ;)
Hi you might want to make sure sunroof drains are clear, also theres really nothing up there that would leak, sunroofs are run by cables

1 - 5 of 5 Posts