My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am glad to find out this forum, guys I am having the following issue, maybe some of you have had similar situations.

When I turn to the left (no a close left, just a left like in an intersection), I hear a sound coming from the front front-left part of the car, like a "compression" sound, not a metal, or hit sound, it sounds like ... compression.

It only happens when turning left, right doesn't have any issue.
Mine is a compass 2012.

Any idea of what it could be the reason, I haven't taken the car to the dealership yet, but I would like to have an idea of what it could be the reason, or what to check to make sure.

Thanks,

Marco

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
A strut possible. Get someone to listen and try rocking it when parked on each side and see if the sound can be generated. If the Strut cylinder is wet for oil then its shot anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi tripplec,

Thanks for the replay.

Look, not that kind of sound.

Let's say that.... when you turn left completely (there is a little sound sometimes, like.. a transmission sound) , that is the sound that I hear when I turn ...45 degrees or so. (only to the left)

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Just take it to the dealer, any dealer and let them find the problem. Its their job no yours to issolate it. As long as you can demonstrate the issue then its on their plate to figure it out. Whatever, struts, CV joint etc is causing it.

If it does not do it when you go in then typically they won't ever look which ticks me off and not check for something likely that might be wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts