My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to MyJeepCompass.com. As far as I know, it's the only dedicated Jeep Compass enthusiast site.

I bought my 2007 Jeep Compass on August 18, 2006, and it's great. I created this site to bring Jeep Compass owners and enthusiasts together.

If you have suggestions on how to improve the site, please let me know.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welshfyr, thanks, I can forsee needing someone to serve as moderator and I'll be looking for people to submit technical articles as well. Otherwise I think I have it handled 8)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Webmaster said:
Well I just posted the tech articles. So you can see some examples of articles. If you have any to post, let me know.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/tech

Great Start!!
Now if there was something on how to use the U-connect thing, I could not find a word in the manual on how to use it (not that it matters much cause I don't have a bluetooth phone... "YET" /wink)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Btw, if anyone used Uconnect with their cell phone, can they post their impressions on this technology please ? I might just order with my upcoming compass (when I finally decide if I get one or not, hehehe).

RedVortex

·
Registered
137 Posts
RedVortex said:
Btw, if anyone used Uconnect with their cell phone, can they post their impressions on this technology please ? I might just order with my upcoming compass (when I finally decide if I get one or not, hehehe).

RedVortex
Will let you know as soon as my bluetooth phone is replaced. Mine phone's bluetooth died a week or so before picking up my Jeep! grrrrrrrr

·
Registered
137 Posts
RedVortex said:

RedVortex
OK. I dropped my phone, and the bluetooth started working again, so I finally sync'd with my Jeep.

I LOVE uconnect! It works great. I just put my phone in the holder, and forget about it. I got a call enroute today, and it worked as expected. Sound quality was great, and it was nice to just do it all by voice command.

I highly recommend the Uconnect system.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
A good thing too.............................:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
U-Connect!

Great Start!!
Now if there was something on how to use the U-connect thing, I could not find a word in the manual on how to use it (not that it matters much cause I don't have a bluetooth phone... "YET" /wink)
Hi there flybynight! I got these instructions from my Dealer. (See Below) I have had the car for two years now, and I still can't get the U-connect to work. Even though I have a blue-tooth compatible phone (Motorola Razor) My u-connect WILL NOT recognize it! When you buy your next phone, go through the menu on your u-connect to see what phone options are compatible with your car. It is limited. We live and learn.. nothing is ever simple. :confused:

Operating Instructions
Linking to UConnect™ – Required for “First Time Use” of Each Cell Phone
To complete the pairing process, you will need to reference the cellular phone owner’s manual.
1. Press the Phone button to begin.
2. After the READY prompt and the following beep, say “SETUP.”
3. When prompted, after the voice on beep, say “PHONE PAIRING.”
4. From a list of options, choose “pair a phone” by saying “PAIR A PHONE.”
5. You will be asked to say a four-digit PIN number, which you will later need to enter into your cellular phone.
You can enter any four-digit PIN number. You will not need to remember this pin number after the initial
pairing process.
6. You will be asked to confirm your four-digit code. Do so by saying “YES.”
7. At this point, the system will prompt you to begin the pairing process on the customer’s cellular phone.
This process will vary slightly depending on the cellular phone. Customers may need to refer to the phone’s
owner’s manual.
8. For identification purposes, you will be prompted to give the UConnect system a name for your cellular
phone. Each cellular phone that is paired should be given a unique phone name.
To Place a Phone Call
1. Press the Phone button.
2. After system READY prompt and beep, say “DIAL,” (“CALL” on Jeep® vehicles).
3. When prompted, say the phone number.
• A name can replace the phone number if the name has already been entered in the system’s phonebook.
• When calling a name, the driver will say CALL and, when prompted, say the person’s name.
4. The UConnect™ system will confirm the phone number or name and then dial.
To Answer a Phone Call
1. The system will lower the audio system if it is on.
2. The system will ask if you would like to answer the call.
3. To reject the phone call, press and hold the UConnect button until you hear a beep, this indicates that the
incoming call has been rejected.
To Add a Phonebook Entry
1. Press the Phone button.
2. After system-ready beep, say “PHONEBOOK NEW ENTRY.”
3. When prompted, say the name of the new entry. Use of long names helps the voice recognition and is
recommended.
4. When prompted, enter the number designation (e.g. Home, Work, Mobile, or Pager). This will allow you to
store multiple numbers for each phonebook entry, if desired.
5. When prompted, recite the phone number for the phonebook entry that you are adding.
6. After you are finished adding an entry into the phonebook, you will be given the opportunity to add more
phone numbers to the current entry or to return to the main menu.
• The UConnect system will allow you to enter up to 32 names in the phonebook with each name having
up to four associated phone numbers and designations.
UConnect is a trademark of DaimlerChrysler Corporation. Jeep is a registered trademark of DaimlerChrysler Corporation used under licence by
DaimlerChrysler Canada Inc. Bluetooth and the Bluetooth logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., U.S.A., and are used by DaimlerChrysler
under licence.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Successful U-connect!

OK. I dropped my phone, and the bluetooth started working again, so I finally sync'd with my Jeep.

I LOVE uconnect! It works great. I just put my phone in the holder, and forget about it. I got a call enroute today, and it worked as expected. Sound quality was great, and it was nice to just do it all by voice command.

I highly recommend the Uconnect system.
Hi there, I would LOVE To use mine, but can't get it working. Doesn't recognize my phone, which is bluetooth compatible. It's a Motorola Razor.. what kind of phone are you using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
U-Connect intermittent problems

My Compass is 2 months old.

One day the U-connect started working funny. It would not finish what it was saying, and the screen would show the prompt as if it was waiting for a command. I reset it. Still it has this behavior here and then.

It doesn't appear to be a cell phone problem as I tested with:
- Acer Liquid E
- iPhone 4
- Blackberry Bold
- Blackberry Curve 9300
- LG Optimus 2x

I took it to the dealer and when the person tested it was even worse, it wouldn't do anything after she pressed the phone button (RES430). Or other times it would start saying to update the system with mass storage, but it wouldn't complete the phrase.

Today I took it to the dealer again and they updated the software. Same thing. I reset it again. At times it works, at times it doesn't.

I wonder if the module is defective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new Compass. I too have had some issues but no where near what you have experienced. My Compass is 3 months old and the only issue I have with the U-Connect is that it takes forever to connect but after that it works like a gem. Maybe the dealership can replace the entire head unit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discovered a terrific thing about the Uconnect and my Iphone.
Not only can I make calls using it, it will also play my music on the iphone.
I wanted to change the volume of the music that I was listening to on the Satilite Radio and touched the middle button under the steering wheel by mistake and what do you know...it streamed my music from my Iphone. Whoo-hoo!!! Don't even have to cable in the Iphone...it was in my purse at the time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts