My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what aftermarket accessories you all might have added or considered for your Compass? With Christmas just 8 days away my list includes the chrome sill guards, deluxe splash guards,and the side window air deflector kit. The chrome fuel door looks pretty sharp too.
Being a dog owner I've already bought the safety net and am pleased with the ease of use and install.
It seems one of the knocks in reviews about the Compass has been a lack of horsepower. Has one considered a performance chip or anything similar?
Looking forward to hearing everyones thoughts!

·
Registered
362 Posts
So far:
- Mopar splash guards
- Nokian WR all-weather tires
- Overhead DVD player (for backseat passengers)

Oh, I have a Sirius One radio as well but it's portable so I don't count that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
So far I got some new floor mats (really hard to find mats that fit good)
I got a thing to put over the back of the seat so the mom can put stuff for the baby in it.

What I am waiting for is for someone to come out with a racing muffler for it /wink

·
Registered
137 Posts
So far...
upgraded floor mats.
Window and sunroof vent visors/wind deflectors

I am planning to get...
sport racks
Hard Cargo Box
Tent
GPS tracking
and a few other things........

·
Registered
109 Posts
The only thing I bought was the cargo net.

I installed it myself, just had to drill two small 1/2 inch holes each side to hold the upper part of the net.

My only comment about this net is: it is far too near the door, the speakers in the door actually pushes the net (and what's in it) inside when you close it. So if your net is full of things (like me) the door gets a bit hard to close sometimes.

RedVortex

·
Registered
109 Posts
hehehe, same here. I had it installed before delivery. However, there are two things I definitely hate about it.

1 - I have to press twice on the button to have the truck start (I know this is the way it works but I really hate doing this). I would prefer 1 long push instead so it is easier and more reliable to start it from far away. Sometimes the signal doesn't go through. I worked around this problem by pressing 3 or 4 times to make sure the truck received the signal.

2 - The remote starter should provide electrical current only to the heater, lights and engine, that's it. However, it also provides current to the radio, wiper and all the rest. The problem with this is that if you forget to turn off the wipers before leaving the truck and you get a snow fall during the night, when you start the truck in the morning and the wiper are stuck because of snow or ice and are in the "on" position, you might burn the wiper's motor. With the radio it's not a big thing but then again, forget it turned on very loud and you'll have the neighbors complain about the subwoofer.

I will ask them to do something about all of this at my first oil change, meanwhile, I hope I don't burn my wipers motor.

RedVortex

·
Registered
137 Posts
RedVortex said:
I will ask them to do something about all of this at my first oil change, meanwhile, I hope I don't burn my wipers motor.

RedVortex
Let me know what they say. I agree with the double push to get it started though. One long push on the button should be good enough, but they probably did the two push system, so that it doesn't start by accident or something.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are your wipers also working when you start the Jeep with the remote or is it just me having this annoying problem ?

RedVortex

·
Registered
137 Posts
RedVortex said:
Are your wipers also working when you start the Jeep with the remote or is it just me having this annoying problem ?

RedVortex
Does it do it all the time, or only if you leave your wipers on when you turned the Jeep off...?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have to leave the wipers on, hehehe, I thought I have been clear on that one, hehehe, my mistake.

They don't go by themselves when I remote start the truck if they're turned off.

They will begin to wipe when I remote start the truck if I forgot to turn them off when I came out of the truck.

My point is:

Usually, when you install a remote starter, you also install electronic relays, usually high amps relay, for the parts of the vehicle you want to turn on with the remoter starter like the "Heater and A/C", head lamps, radio.

But you always leave out the wipers or anything that might move or create a motion because of the risk of accident to people or damage to the equipment in case it would jam or malfunction. An example of that is the wipers jammed because of ice or snow in winter, you will burn the wiper's motor for sure in this case.

I haven't checked if the Mopar starter requires relays and if they've installed some of them and to what equipment in the truck because it came with the truck and I don't want to mess with it until I ask them on my first oil change but I definitely ask them to fix this, because this is a major issue here in Canada with the frequent snow and ice rain during winter.

RedVortex

·
Registered
44 Posts
Magnaflow Exhaust, Tinted windows, and floor mats.

Hoping to upgrade more soon.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Front Hood Air Deflector
Cargo Net
Cargo Mat
Winter Wiper Blades
07 "Jeep" Shift Knob

·
Registered
381 Posts
Tail light guards, bug deflector, vent visors, class 3 hitch, K&N Intake, dual cigarette lighters, grille inserts, PIAA headlights and fog lights, after market oil cooler and coming soon dual exhaust, amp and sub. I'll post some pics with the lights and the under hood later.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dual Exhaust is now done. My friends at the shop put a mustang flowmaster muffler on it and dualed out the back into stainless steel tips. I think they did a pretty good job at it too. I love the sound it has at low rpm.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was looking to add the grill insert I saw on Ebay has anyone tried this yet? It is the one that just snaps in over the original grill.

·
Registered
381 Posts
There's a few different companies that make inserts. I bought a set of stainless steel cloudrider inserts and had them powdercoated for $40. They attatch with a screw and a clip on the bottom and there is a screw that goes through the plastic of the grill on the top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
so far for my black north special edition 4X4 i have added :

molded splash guards, chrome fuel door, chrome rtx rims with chrome locking nuts, authentic jeep accessories badge, chrome door handles, chrome grill insert, cat-back exhaust system with chrome exhaust tip, chrome logo insert, delux floor mats with jeep logo, rear cargo mat with jeep logo, interior lighting kit, interior mirrior kit, mopar cold air intake system, side window air deflectors, chrome mirror covers, bright pedal kit, chrome tail lamp guards, chrome door sill guards with compass logo.

currently having installed :

rallye body kit, rear spoiler, rear seat dvd, rallye emblems, evs alarm system.

thinking of adding :

nav radio system, chrome romik rounded running/step boards, chrome special edition lettering, amp with dual subs, katzkin leather seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What i have for my compass 2009 limited 4x4 cvt

1: Remote starter compustar (one long push for start, cold winter start for low temp so your car starts in the mornings) good range on this 5000 feet give or take
2: Stainless steel grill covering from cloud rider (cloud-rider.com ) a great product. I bought this because i felt the rad protection was lacking by jeep... And it does protect it now from rocks. Easy to install looks hot as well.
3: Chrome gas cap. Looks hot and stream lines the look for the cover i think any way.
4: Locking gas cap cause honestly the door should lock period.

Standard things that came with my pkg... My gig navigation, uconnect, 30 gig hdd, sirius radio, sunroof..

Oh yeah the remote starter is an alarm as well and its two way comunication so it tells you when your car is started. And if the alarm goes off.. The cold start thing is set to start the car at 3:45 am if the temp drops below a certain temperture in the winter.

I do recommend the cloud-rider.COM grill coverings as they do offer better protection and i get a lot of positive feedback on it!

Any way thats all for now.. Any suggestions for tweaking the look?

Thanks

jack

1 - 20 of 66 Posts